How do I open the portals for tr

by TheSherLags

Original Post

How do I open the portals for tr

★★★ Newbie
Hello!Im not sure how to open the portals for trails of the gnomes please can you as some thank u
Message 1 of 6 (549 Views)

Re: How do I open the portals for tr

Hero (Retired)
To open the Portal to the Gnomiverse where the Trials are located you'll need to purchase the Key found inside Town Hall to the right when you enter.

That Key unlocks the giant padlocked door found in the deep sewer across from the Chamber of Gnomes.

Each Trial is locked behind a color coded door and you have a chance to receive a random Trial Key from the Red Chest found inside Town Hall- the one which costs 50 Rainbow Stars to open.

Make certain to use each Trial Key as it is given to you because you can only hold one in your inventory at a time so if you receive second while your first remains unused the second Key will replace the first.
Message 2 of 6 (500 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I got the key from the seagull but now I'm not sure how to start one of the trials. I've gotten to a place where a bridge gets built by rocks coming together. I go towards a giant gnome and I can drop down a portal right before I get to him. It kicks me into this room where I can do a puzzle. I'm not sure how to solve the puzzle though. I've read some of the posts about solving it but I'm still confused on how exactly you're supposed to figure out the code.  

Message 3 of 6 (488 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@FishingAddict24

What you'll need to do is participate in a Mystery Portal event, like the Boss Hunt which is happening as I write this now, and earn 50 Rainbow Stars so that you can open the Red Chest inside Town Hall. If that chest gives you a colored key then you will be able to unlock the Trial which is behind that color coded door.

To find the Trial Doors you'll want to start at the center of the map, where you drop down into the Puzzle Room, and around the edges you will find four paths leading upward- at the top of each of those paths you'll find a colored Door. Find the Door with the color which matches the Key which you have and approach it- when you get close enough the Lock with glow and you'll be prompted to use your Key.

After you've unlocked the Door you proceed through the portal to the Trial. Complete the Trial before the timer runs out and you'll enter a room with a symbol code sequence floating in the air. Copy that down and save it because you will need it later. That code sequence is what you enter in the Puzzle Room.

There's more to the Trials but I won't spoil anything unless you have more questions.

Message 4 of 6 (479 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Can you do the boss hunt solo? Or do you need multiple people?

Message 5 of 6 (476 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@FishingAddict24

Boss Huts in general are incredibly difficult so the game mode will not start until a full team of four Players have spawned in. It cannot be done solo with AI teammates the way that Ops and Multiplayer games can be played- honestly I'm pretty sure that this is not an option because AI teammates would be completely overwhelmed.

The current Boss Hunt, The Return of the Spooky Squash, is probably the most complicated Boss Hunt to complete with several distinct phases and tasks which must be accomplished in a certain order an in a certain way repeatedly to defeat the Spooky Squash- it would be flat out impossible to do solo and I can't imagine that the AI used to substitute for human players is anywhere nearly sophisticated enough to handle what is required.

Message 6 of 6 (468 Views)