EA servers for Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare is constantly disconnecting.

by glenngalla

Original Post

Re: EA servers for Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare is constantly disconnecting.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I loved this games when I started to play it a few days ago it played fine I was able to get several hours of issue free gaming out of it. Unfortunately that was the only time that that has happened. Since then I've been lucky to finish a full round in Garden Ops and even then half the time the character is really glitchy. With the connection issue it usually drops me near the final wave so i lose all my progress and sometimes I only manage one or two waves before it happens again. Three games out of five will drop and i have tried both wired and wireless connections and my NAT type is 2 before anyone asks. I also have a issue with getting into the open game in Ops as well. It will take to to a room just fine but when it tries to put me into a room it just directs me to a black loading screen and stays there. To get out of it I have to shut down the game. If I'm hosting it will load the game but will still drop me near the end of the waves. Is there any fix for this because this is really ridiculous Its getting to the point were its almost not worth playing.

Message 51 of 71 (2,369 Views)

Re: EA servers for Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare is constantly disconnecting.

★★★ Newbie

I have had the same disconnect issues as everyone else. I know the issue is on the EA because I figured out how to fix it, atleast for me anyway. I have two different routers, one is a modem router combo that isn't very good and I also have nice ASUS router that kicks butt. When I run the game on my PS4 using the ASUS router with a ethernet connect or wireless, I alway get disconnected after logining on to the EA server then trying to play garden ops or team vanquish. This router is set up using NAT type 2. If I use my crappy modem router combo everything works fine. I read somewere that many modem router combos use NAT type 1 which is less restrictive. Needless to say since we have all of our gaming consoles and computers hardwired with ethernet connections through our ASUS router, plants vs zombies does not get played much anymore. Also as many people pointed out, this did not seem to be an issue when the game first came out? I am not even close to being an IT person, so please don't ask me any questions. I just know that on my PS4 I can not get the game to work with a NAT type 2 connection but it will with a NAT type 1 connection. Maybe EA should host all modes of the game, because they seem to keep blaming the problem on games being locally hosted. I sure hope they solve this issue before the new game comes out.

Message 52 of 71 (2,308 Views)

★★★ Novice

Absolutely pathetic!!!!!!

Message 53 of 71 (2,254 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Frown i have the same problem but my console is xbox..
Message 54 of 71 (2,231 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I think I may have stumbled on the root cause and maybe the fix !

It all started when I got new Wifi devices in my house.

When I turned them all off (except PS3)  the issue went away !

So maybe it's my router but strange how my other games work fine so I still suspect EA.

Message 55 of 71 (2,213 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Did you seriously suggest that the problem is that the person should be connected via cable instead of wireless in today's world??? I'm on an Xbox one with an excellent wireless connection and I have the same problem. I even tried the wired connection but no luck. Good job EA
Message 56 of 71 (2,113 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello, when I start the game Plants vs. Zombies Garden varfaer on my playstation 3 sony problem "failed to connect to EA servers at this time. Check Connect network settings", please provide solutions to the problem! Internet connection is normal in the PSN included.

I'm reading the forum realized that this problem since prehistoric times, really nobody has solved this problem?

Message 57 of 71 (2,101 Views)

★★ Novice

Same! Only my situation is worse. The game keep bringing up a message Pvz2Gardenwarfare has stopped working every 10 minutes or so. I havent even gotten to zomboss lab yet because of this.

Message 58 of 71 (2,096 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@PeyoteMike420 wrote:

Its likely a combination of both the players' variable internet qualities and the heavy activity the game has to handle around waves 9 and 10, so it'd be tough to reproduce it when connecting through the same internet access point.
The only way you might be able to experience it is by testing a few GardenOps games where people are connecting from all corners of the nation or globe and have varying degrees of connectivity. Normally the game might be able to handle the occasional lag and frame-rate dips of having people playing from all corners, but in combination with the heavy activity waves it almost always seems to tank the game.

I think this is a solid assessment of the issue PeyoteMike.  XP for you !

I'm PS3 on a very good Internet connection (for other games, Netflix)

One day recently it all got fixed.   Was it EA?   Was it my ISP?    Was it because I moved my wireless router upstairs to another spot.  Perhaps!

But I'm totally fine now.

Maybe only 1 disconnect in a week.

Message 59 of 71 (2,089 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This is a joke. Ps4 is fine on every gane but this is erring back to main screen before I can finish missions.. is EA aware and actually bothered or is it a cade of we have your money now we are not interested. .. very pissed off about this. What happened to test playing your games before release..
Message 60 of 71 (2,079 Views)