EA servers for Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare is constantly disconnecting.

by glenngalla

Original Post

Re: EA servers for Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare is constantly disconnecting.

★★★★★ Pro

What's your NAT type?

@fashesha1 It speaks alot when you say you don't have problems with multiplayer but do with Garden Ops. Since, Garden Ops is not using a server, it's peer hosted.

You're connecting directly to another player. Their connection type, location, among other networking factors all come into play when you and any other clients join their game. Even if you're on wired, and have amazing internet; doesn't mean that you wont experience any problems when connecting to a hosting player who's using wireless in some remote location .

Message 31 of 71 (2,558 Views)

Re: EA servers for Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare is constantly disconnecting.

★★ Novice

NAT, Wired, Wireless - these are all distractions.

There is one thing that is consistent - always.

The game works fine - regardless of NAT, wired, wireless, internet connection - UNTIL the 9th or 10th wave.

Everything except looking at the GAME, and what happens on the 9th and 10th levels, is not going to help.

My $0.02 - coming from 20 years of game development. Trust me - something is happening on the 9th or 10th wave, and trying to mess around with platform, version, network configuration, etc. is going down the wrong path.

Something happens on those waves that is different than the rest of them.

Message 32 of 71 (2,549 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I totally understand, Im just not able to reproduce it when we play here.  We will keep trying different things and see. 

Message 33 of 71 (2,536 Views)

★★ Novice

I doubt that attacks on Sony and Microsoft are what is the issue, honestly that seems more like a random excuse. All of my other games function fine online, and it is only Plants vs. Zombies, and only GardenOps where these issues arise (and therein, almost always waves 9 and 10), both on the PS3 and on the Xbox 360 (I've had this game for years now, on both consoles, and its never gotten better or worse no matter where I'm accessing internet from).
That implicates the game itself as the issue, and its inability to sustain heavy activity with four player co-op. They're not isolated to a few days of issues either, they are constant, and I am always connected with Wired (again, I wouldn't dare trying wireless and make it even worse).

Message 34 of 71 (2,529 Views)

Sorry I dont mean to implicate Xbox or Sony.  It was only on that weekend that an outage was occurring.  

Like I said, I really have been looking into it and I am just as frustrated that I cannot find a solution for you as I am not able to repro the same issue on any of the consoles.  Without being able to make the issue happen on my end its difficult to determine what else it might be.  

Message 35 of 71 (2,525 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Its likely a combination of both the players' variable internet qualities and the heavy activity the game has to handle around waves 9 and 10, so it'd be tough to reproduce it when connecting through the same internet access point.
The only way you might be able to experience it is by testing a few GardenOps games where people are connecting from all corners of the nation or globe and have varying degrees of connectivity. Normally the game might be able to handle the occasional lag and frame-rate dips of having people playing from all corners, but in combination with the heavy activity waves it almost always seems to tank the game.

Message 36 of 71 (2,505 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I'm an old player with over 400 hours spent with this wonderfull game on PC. I haven't played it since beginning of Humble Origin Bundle 2 and now it is very hard for me to connect with EA servers and when I come through game lost connection after few minutes! Where is problem? With EA servers or with my internet?

Message 37 of 71 (2,471 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I used to play the game for a while until it decided one day to start disconnecting me after the loading screen for a match. Now every time it says found a great match joining now, it goes to a load screen, then I get an Error: disconnected from server. I deleted the game for a bit until my son saw it in the store again. He has wanted to play it very badly since, but I can't for the life of me figure out why I get immediately disconnected from any game right after the load screen. Playing with a wireless connection on the PS4 that has no issues with multiplayer on other games.  Cannot play Garden-Ops or multiplayer. Same behavior on both options.

Message 38 of 71 (2,456 Views)

For the PC player please post in the PC forum.  I have checked servers etc for PC and everything looks fine from my end

For Onginess, Wired is always recommended for an online multiplayer shooter title, however you can also try to force a new set of servers by turning your playstation completely off then on again. 

Message 39 of 71 (2,443 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Wanted to add new fuel to the fire played for 3 hours on garden mode tonight with 2 different hosts my connection is wired i hosted 2 of the matches not sure about my friends and we got kicked on5 of the 6 matches. We have tried most of the suggestions here in the forums. Not sure what else to really do at this point since no solution seems to be available. Anything else would be great not sure IF this game is being abandoned since pvz 2 seems to be coming out soon. hopefully not on the same servers if it is released

Message 40 of 71 (2,282 Views)