Cannot create an account due to being under age

by Aracknid

Original Post

Re: Cannot create an account due to being under age

★★★ Newbie

I to have tried the Origin Client solution.  My sons sub-account is now associated with this EA Games/Origin account but that has made no difference.  He is still unable to use the game unless he uses the primary PSN user to play which is a nusiance. 

The EA games Id I have set up (the parent > 13 years old) does however use the same email address as the PSN (<13 years old) sub-account.  I did this as I do not want to use my email address for games.  I cannot see why using the same email address should be an issue, but given that I have followed the 'fix' i can only think that somehow EA origin account association logic checks/validates the PSN sub-account age group and if this is below the 13 age limit then the same rules apply.  I cannot see any other rational explanation.  This fix cannot 'sometimes work' and 'sometimes not work' so it would seem that even associating a PSN with an EA Id still involves some age validation. Which means I am stuck... sigh... unless someone else can figure this out.

Message 21 of 30 (3,103 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Followed instructions from the earlier post from @davepawson but to no avail. Can see my son's PSN sub account is connected to my Origin account however trying to load PvZ GW2 using his PS4 user profile/sub account, is always advised he is too young when it appears to be attempting to connect to EA(after 1st asking to accept license). Anyone tried this recently as maybe Origin have caught on to the fix and preventing its use. Note: have not created any origin account for my son if that makes a difference. Thanks for any help.
Message 22 of 30 (3,045 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Wow great, thanks for the help.    Thanks davepawson for the answer!

My son got this game a few months ago and has tried everything with no luck - it just would not let him log in.  I should have thought sooner to google for an answer.

This procedure worked perfectly and he's now finally playing!

Message 23 of 30 (3,008 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi abc923196850

Unfortunately I didn't have any luck with following davepawson's instructions to the tee for my 12 year old Son, trying to play Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2.

Can see my earlier post just before yours.

Just wandering if by any chance any of the following applied in your case:

1. Attempting to play the same game?
  2. Did you also set up an Origin/EA Account for your son (note: was not listed as required in davepawson post)?
  3. Is your Origin/EA Account Id the same as your SEN/PSN Account Id (note: mine are slightly different as SEN/PSN Id was not free when setting up my Origin/EA account)?
  4. Anything else that wasn't explicitly mentioned in davepawson request that you did?

Thanks

Message 24 of 30 (2,998 Views)

★★ Novice

These instructions listed above no longer work, as Origin has now changed its interface, and there is no option to import friends.

Message 25 of 30 (2,894 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Given the whole import friends under Origin doesnt work anymore - any other workarounds on this to allow our son to play the game given to him for his birthday?

Cheers,

Brad

Message 26 of 30 (2,786 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Solved it!!!     I feel your pain everyone!!  I spent no less than 5 days working on this for my son, who since buying the $50 live membership was losing days since.

Heres the recap:

1. First I couldn't connect to PSN, my parent account or son's sub account
  2. Went online and reset all passwords, this seemed to work and we got that far
  3. Couldn't then connect to any EA server, just got not available at this time, etc
  4. Spent hours on phone w/ EA telling me to download FIFA demo, start playing it to link the PSN account to EA account
  5. Do not do that...waste of time.
  6. Logged on to Origin.com, made sure the emails were the same for psn and EA origin account...
  7. that all turned out to be a waste of time
  8. Here's finally the fix:
  9. Get a short ethernet cable if and hardwire your ps4 to your router, you should have one laying around, if not get one...this made all the difference.   Even though my wifi was +45mbs as I tested w an app on my phone and I was in denial about my signal strength, as soon as I did this my parent account could access EA, but still not my sons
  10. after my parent account was able to login, I was still getting "account doesn't meet min requirements" for my sub-account
  11. forget that sub account
  12. make a new sub account under parental controls on your parent account on the ps4, make sure you make the age OLDER than 13!!!  this was the issue here
  13. using the new sub account, access an EA game, it will prompt you to make an EA account

Well after 5 days thats what I recall got me past this nightmare, I was about to give up..one thing I learned is EA support is useless

Message 27 of 30 (2,761 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm utterly amazed how complicated it was to get PVZ GW2 split-screen game working together with my son (aged 10) online!

After several hours, lots of different trial and error attempts, I finally got it to work. Here's how:

- Create a sub-account on the PS4 with the age of 14 years. I did this on the page https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com and had to use a unique email-address for the sub-account.

- Add the sub-account on the PS4, with all the verification processes involved.

- Start PVZ GW2 with my parent-account (which also logs in to EA with my account).

- Go to the split screen-option in the game and choose the sub-account as Player 2 (you might have to activate the second handcontrol with the sub-account first).

- Now *create* a new EA-account/ID for the sub-account (trying to use a pre-created account here refused to work). You have to verify this action with your EA account-password as well as clicking a verification-link sent to your email-address accociated with your EA-account.

Be sure to note down the account details because you will probably need to enter them again someday.

I'll write it here because here's where you're sent when googling this issue.

Message 28 of 30 (2,704 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm horrified that the 'work around' suggested both here and from EA "support" required to play a game that is rated below my son's age requires that we create an entirely new PSN subaccount and commit fraud in providing the information. 

Message 29 of 30 (2,689 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You didn’t say where you downloaded the original account from. 

Message 30 of 30 (1,477 Views)