Garden Warfare will not load after changing to mantle in display, please help

by LordSandyBalls

Original Post

Garden Warfare will not load after changing to mantle in display, please help

★★★ Newbie

after changing to mantle applying changes and closing the game I now just get a error message when trying to start garden warfare
I cannot get back into options to change bak to direct3d

Message 1 of 20 (8,092 Views)

Re: Garden Warfare will not load after changing to mantle in display, please help

1 Try repairing the game

2 Re download the game if repairing not working

3 check ur video drivers

Message 2 of 20 (8,037 Views)

Re: Garden Warfare will not load after changing to mantle in display, please help

Hero (Retired)

To get it back to D3D.

Go to:

C:\Users\<USER>\Documents\PVZ Garden Warfare\settings\PROF_SAVE_profile

Change

GstRender.MantleEnabled 1 to GstRender.MantleEnabled 0

Message 3 of 20 (8,030 Views)

★★★ Newbie

unfortunately none of these suggestions have solved the problem
have tried repairing/ uninstalling and reinstalling, updated video drivers.. and i have been into the PROF_SAVE_profile
but the GstRender MantleEnabled 1 does not exist or is not there to alter

Message 4 of 20 (8,015 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Try renaming:

C:\Users\<USER>\Documents\PVZ Garden Warfare

To

"PVZ Garden Warfare Backup"

Message 5 of 20 (8,013 Views)

[ Edited ]

1st  Uninstall the game

2nd Download CCLEANER soft (look in google this is free)

3rd Run CCLEANER

4 RE Install

check this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAkX57AUN34

Message 6 of 20 (8,002 Views)

★★ Novice

none of these work, even tho i swaped everything to my e drive and used the commands accordingly begining with E, i even said what the heck and downloaded cc cleaner and still get the same error after deleting and redownloading

Message 7 of 20 (7,918 Views)

★★ Novice

figured it out just goto your settings folder via your my documents and delete it the end

Message 8 of 20 (7,911 Views)

Re: Garden Warfare will not load after changing to mantle in display, please hel

★★★ Newbie

Sorry for the late reply. I had the same problem! But the answer is very simple. Uninstall  the game, the way you would normally uninstall a program.Then go to your Documents and look for the folder which says PVZ Garden Warfare, don't go in the folder, delete it. Send the folder into your recycle bin then empty the recycle bin. Then from origin, re-install the game and the game should normally function. And your profile will be saved and the mantle function should be removed once you enter. Hope this helps.

Message 9 of 20 (7,693 Views)

Re: Garden Warfare will not load after changing to mantle in display, please hel

★★★ Newbie

do not activate the mantle option. If so delete PROF_SAVE_profile in your documents settings PVZ. And it works !

Message 10 of 20 (7,355 Views)