Re: club pogo and getting ad banner at top of all windows

by MLadyD7

Original Post

club pogo and getting ad banner at top of all windows

★ Novice

On all my pogo screens I'm getting a banner that is from ROBOLOX and is throwing things off.  I'm cleared cache and java and cookies.  Download new flashplayer.  NEED HELP

Message 1 of 2 (190 Views)
Highlighted

Re: club pogo and getting ad banner at top of all windows

Hero (Retired)

It sounds as if you've picked up some malware/adware. Run a utility such as Malwarebytes or Spybot Destroyer. (Free Programs)

Also look for entries in your Add/remove programs that you don't recognize. Remove foobar, Gamevance, Yontoo, Shop at Home & Browse 2 Save if you show them listed.

Here's a link about malware/adware: http://games-forum.pogo.com/viewtopic.php?f=214&t=48142 

Also, if you don't recognize a certain listing such as ShopAtHome in your Add/remove programs,

just Google it to find out information.  When you've determined it's unwanted, remove it & reboot.

Some malware sweepers may not catch them. They will often come bundled with programs you choose

to download - always opt for a custom download when given that choice! - & could also be added

in program updates such as browsers, existing toolbars, and other auxiliary programs - always choose

to set these programs to "prompt me when updates are available!" rather than automatic updates.

These do not come from Pogo.com.

If you've recently downloaded a program, you could start there.  Good luck!

✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps and Click XP if someone helped! Standard smile

Message 2 of 2 (181 Views)