Wrong Browser

by PolkadotpjPlayer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Wrong Browser

★★★ Newbie

Wrong Browser and operating system I am running windows 10 with IE11 browser. I have installed the latest version of Java.  The compatability scan shows chrome browser and Microsoft edge. How do I fix this. I have tried stopping edge but it will not go away. Java is enabled in my computer also. I want to run IE 11 and Windows 10.

Message 1 of 9 (814 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Wrong Browser

Champion (Retired)

@PolkadotpjPlayer     This is from the Pogo FAQs with the link following:

You can play Pogo games using Windows 10 and the Internet Explorer or Firefox browsers.

You can play Pogo games using Windows 10. However, the Edge browser included with it only supports Flash games

To play Java games on Pogo, you can switch your browser to Internet Explorer 11, or download and install the Firefox browser.

Here’s how to change your browser from Edge to Internet Explorer 11 in windows 10:

1. Click on the Windows logo or press the Windows key on your keyboard.
  2. Choose Settings, then System, Default Apps, Web Browser .
  3. Click on Edge, and a Choose an Application window will open.
  4. Click on Internet Explorer. This will set it as the default browser on your computer.

PLAY POGO ON WINDOWS 10

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (910 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@PolkadotpjPlayer     This is from the Pogo FAQs with the link following:

You can play Pogo games using Windows 10 and the Internet Explorer or Firefox browsers.

You can play Pogo games using Windows 10. However, the Edge browser included with it only supports Flash games

To play Java games on Pogo, you can switch your browser to Internet Explorer 11, or download and install the Firefox browser.

Here’s how to change your browser from Edge to Internet Explorer 11 in windows 10:

1. Click on the Windows logo or press the Windows key on your keyboard.
  2. Choose Settings, then System, Default Apps, Web Browser .
  3. Click on Edge, and a Choose an Application window will open.
  4. Click on Internet Explorer. This will set it as the default browser on your computer.

PLAY POGO ON WINDOWS 10

Message 2 of 9 (911 Views)

★★ Novice

I refuse to let Pogo dictate my browser. I am used to Firefox, and will not change. Maybe Pogo needs to change to all flash instead of flash and java. Java sucks! Always has been a problem.

Message 3 of 9 (742 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@paperman79

Since Flash is on its way out* it would be a waste of resources to convert the Java games to a format that will be obsolete in a few years.

* Chrome has already started the process of blocking Flash. Beginning with Chrome version 55 we must actively change our browser setting to allow sites to run Flash. Click on this link for more information: Chrome 55+ and Flash

Chrome and Firefox no longer support Java.

At this time IE11 is the only browser supported by Pogo that plays all the games, Flash, Java and HTLM5

There are a few unsupported browsers that work also:
Firefox 52 ESR Click here for the download
Pale Moon Click here for the download

Unsupported mean that they will work, but, if you have a problem, Pogo will not be able to trouble shoot it.

ETA:  If you do decide to use either of the above linked browsers make sure to select the 32 bit version instead of the 64 bit version.

I've downloaded the Pale Moon browser and I really like it, it runs all of the games on Pogo and works a lot like Firefox.  I haven't tried the Firefox 52 ESR browser

Disclaimer:  I do not work for EA/Pogo, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Pale Moon, I'm simply providing feedback based on my own personal experience.

Just  Image

Tip: To easily locate your posts click on the drop-down indicator next to your screen name at the top right of the page, then select Profile.

AHQ volunteer/moderator. I am not an EA employee

AHQ is a player-to-player support Community. Please Grant XP if a post was helpful, and select Accept as Solution when a post resolved your issue.

Message 4 of 9 (705 Views)

★★ Novice

Unsupported browser? What does that mean? Pogo or browser? Who supports who???

Message 5 of 9 (693 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Is IE11 the same as Edge?

Message 6 of 9 (692 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@paperman79

It means that if you use an unsupported browser and have problems with it Pogo will not be able to troubleshoot.   Currently the only browser that's is fully supported by Pogo is IE11.

No, they are two separate browsers. If you have Windows 10,  the Edge and IE11 browsers are both included,  IE11 supports Java, Edge does not. For more information click on this link: Windows 10 Info

Just  Image

Tip: To easily locate your posts click on the drop-down indicator next to your screen name at the top right of the page, then select Profile.

AHQ volunteer/moderator. I am not an EA employee

AHQ is a player-to-player support Community. Please Grant XP if a post was helpful, and select Accept as Solution when a post resolved your issue.

Message 7 of 9 (672 Views)

★★★ Novice
I have been trying for a week now to fix the browser
Message 8 of 9 (538 Views)

Community Manager

@sutcharose What browser are you using? 

Darko.png
Message 9 of 9 (514 Views)