Re: Windows 8 and Java not compatible with Pogo games. Solution found!

by MacSparkyPI

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★ Novice

After working on this for about 3 months I figured it out. Its a Windows Defender issue. Here is how you correct it.

Disable your anti virus (Not to worry. You can enbable it again. And Pogo is a safe site. You won't get any viruses). Errors will pop up saying things are shut off but thats OK. You will also get an error stating that there are internet connections still open and would you like to close them. Say yes.

Open up Internet Explorer (I have found I can ONLY get this to work with IE) and play your Pogo games as usual.

Message 11 of 42 (2,889 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Why is pogo still using java when the news is full of warnings to pc users to disable or uninstall this program completely because of serious security issues?  I uninstalled java and can play some of the games ok, but pogo needs to look into this and/or find another server without all the java problems.

Message 12 of 42 (2,371 Views)

Re: Windows 8 and Java not compatible with Pogo games

★★★ Newbie

I too have been told to uninstall java and re install jave, then to down load oracle, then to uninstall and install firefox. when is this going to end. I still can not play my pogo games, and everyone keeps saying its not us its pogo. I even tried  HP to check out the problem, but they too say its with pogo. So we are paying for the service, but not getting our moneys worth. I was also told to install both 32 and  64 bits.

Hp worked with me for two hours, uninstalling and then reinstalling browsers, to no avail.

why are we paying for this if pogo ca not help us get our games????????

Message 13 of 42 (2,342 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I uninstalled all versions of Java. Then I installed the latest version of Java. Then I restarted my computer, checked to make sure Java was enabled, and went to Java to make sure I had the latest version installed, according to their detector. I have done everything I have found to uninstall, re-install and enable Java, and it still doesn't work for Pogo. I have found several issues of things not working with Windows 8. I have to completely uninstall and re-install my touchpad driver and install some kind of fix for the touchpad to be able to work with Windows 8. I'm glad I got it on the 31st for $39.99. It is not worth $199.99.

I don't feel comfortable turning off my virus protection, so I'll just find other games to play. I guess I will ask Pogo for a refund of my money because if I can't use it with my OS, I obviously don't want them to keep the subscription fee.

Message 14 of 42 (2,330 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have tried everything to download Java.  I finally had taken my computer to a computer geek and he told me it is not Window's 8 it is pogo.  I tried to disable my security no luck.  When is this problem going to be fix.  I have load and unload java to no success.  I can't not play most of my games.  If this is not fixed by the time I renew my membership I am not going to

Message 15 of 42 (2,267 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue.  The problem is with Pogo  according to all I have read and done.  Install. Uninstall. Restart. Only to do it over again two more times. I could play all games until about  2 weeks ago when Java warnings began popping up.

Pogo needs to take care of its clients.  

I cannot play my favorite game because of the annoying Java pop up. It freezes my screen and will not go away. 

Who and how do I speak to a real person at Pogo about this?  This is nuts.  I will not subscribe again if I cannot play.

Message 16 of 42 (2,266 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I absolutely feel the same way.  My first year with pogo will be my last Frown     I'm done reading through useless information

Message 17 of 42 (2,262 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree I can't find out who to talk too and complain about this problem.  I guess they don't care

Message 18 of 42 (2,247 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This problem is really annoying.  I miss being able to play so many of my favorite games. 

Message 19 of 42 (2,245 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yep, same thing. YEARS of having Pogo. YEARS of paying and you finally found an OS you can't handle? Windows 8 and Pogo is too difficult a combination to figure out. I have tried IE 10 and FF. I have taken out my Java, reinstalled it and back too many times. C'mon, Pogo. Step up and let us know you are at least trying something..

Message 20 of 42 (2,237 Views)