Re: Windows 8 and Java not compatible with Pogo games

by MacSparkyPI

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Windows 8 and Java not compatible with Pogo games

★★★ Newbie

I cannot play alot of the games on Pogo.  I have gone to Java.com and tried to resolve the issue but it says the problem is with Pogo.  I have found the Q&A on Pogo to be useless.  How can I get my games to work?  I am on the desktop screen and I have both versions of java installed.

Message 1 of 42 (7,159 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hello,

You say you have 'both versions' of Java installed. What do you mean by that?

If you have multiple version of Java installed, please remove them all before reinstalling the most recent version.

Pogo certainly is able to run on Windows 8 and many players are successfully running it on that platform already.

Let us know how you get on. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".

View in thread

Message 2 of 42 (7,127 Views)

Re: Windows 8 and Java not compatible with Pogo games. Solution found!

★★★ Novice

After working on this for about 3 months I figured it out. Its a Windows Defender issue. Here is how you correct it.

Disable your anti virus (Not to worry. You can enbable it again. And Pogo is a safe site. You won't get any viruses). Errors will pop up saying things are shut off but thats OK. You will also get an error stating that there are internet connections still open and would you like to close them. Say yes.

Open up Internet Explorer (I have found I can ONLY get this to work with IE) and play your Pogo games as usual.

View in thread

Message 11 of 42 (2,819 Views)

All Replies

Hello,

You say you have 'both versions' of Java installed. What do you mean by that?

If you have multiple version of Java installed, please remove them all before reinstalling the most recent version.

Pogo certainly is able to run on Windows 8 and many players are successfully running it on that platform already.

Let us know how you get on. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 2 of 42 (7,128 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also having problems with Windows 8 and Java on Pogo.com.  It only allows me to play a couple of games. On most of the games, a pop-up says you need to install Java. Regarding having 2 versions of Java, their website instructs you to install both 32 and 64-bit versions if you're operating system is 64-bit.

Everyone seems to be 'passing the buck.' Java can only be reached for a price, which is too high for me. I hope someone will investigate why only a couple of games will work on Pogo.com, but most tell you to install Java. HELP!!!

Message 3 of 42 (7,033 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

s Rokin however be advised that you are not alone in this situation. Please try un installing ALL previous versions on your comp. 2ndly, you only require one version, the latest Sun Jave product. A free 100% java platform product. Also delete / purge ALL jave updates. Start anew. I did, and now my coms running great. ALSO pls be advised that clearing your comps cache of history, cookies, etc has nada to do with your actual Java programme as most ppl think. Go to your "Java" cache, delete ALL history, cookies, applets etc. then set max storage to 1000%. Reboot and rejoice, for the world of Pogo now eagerly awaits you> Good Luck mf

Message 4 of 42 (7,030 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

These suggestions do NOT solve the problem! Please allow Pogo to recognize Windows 8.

Message 5 of 42 (6,972 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have Java 32 and 64 bit installed.  I can only play a few games on pogo. The weekly badges and games that use Java do not work.  Maybe all of us having problems should cancel our subscriptions. Maybe that will get them to fix the issue with windows 8.

Message 6 of 42 (6,844 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this same problem. If unable to solve it I will not renew in Feb.

Message 7 of 42 (6,836 Views)

Hello Annalink213,

Please click on the following link and then ‘copy and paste’ the displayed results into a reply here.

This will give me a general overview on your computer set-up and hopefully give me some pointers to help.

http://systeminfocheck.appspot.com/

Can you also please let us know which anti-virus software you are using?

Thank you.

Message 8 of 42 (6,831 Views)

Hello potatosoup_,

I have answered you in your previous thread. Thanks.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Pogo/Java-help-windows8/m-p/354698#M12480

Message 9 of 42 (6,829 Views)

★★★ Novice

Browser = Google Chrome 24.0.1312.52
Cookies Enabled? = true
Do Not Track = null
Resolution = 1024 x 768
OS = Windows 8
Flash version = 11.5.31
Java Versions installed = 1.7.0_10

Message 10 of 42 (6,819 Views)