Re: Why doesn't POGO recognize the JAVA that I just installed?????

by SilentProlix

Original Post

Why doesn't POGO recognize the JAVA that I just installed?????

★ Novice

I re-installed JAVA just now.  Pogo is not letting me play.  It says to install JAVA.  How can I beginto play???

Why didn't you leave it alone?   I have been playing POGO for hours and days.  Look at my record.

Now yoiu are blocking me.    Hpw can you fix it?

Message 1 of 7 (613 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have install java serveral times all ready and pogo is nt recgnize the java please fix this

Message 2 of 7 (592 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi sadelee & lemondrop956

Pogo is not blocking you but we provided a fix for this issue. I think you just need to enable Java in your browser.

Tutorial & guide available here: [Solution] Java issues step-by-step (For Windows)

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 7 (588 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is rediculous... Have not been able to get into Pogo for days now and it's due to Java I assume.  If this continues, I'm cancelling.  Very disturbing when you pay for something that doesn't work.  It is especially annoying when you can't get answers to your problems and you feel like you have to be a computer wiz to do anything.  I just called EA and they logically acknowledged that I have a problem, told me to go to some computer site and then politely said "Good Bye".  What in the world was that?  I think I bought a Dud in POGO and wish I had never gotten inolved.  

Message 4 of 7 (581 Views)

★★★ Newbie

None of the fixes work not with Vista, on AOL, on Internet Explorer it is worse.  Intsall in initiate again and again and again and it just gets worse, lost Pogo.com entirely for a few days, have it aback now but cannot play Scrabble anymore.  Your confidence in your answers do not help us who continue to lose ability to play favored games or even access Pogo any help.

Message 5 of 7 (575 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can this get any worse?  Just got an Email with a bunch of bull and was sent back to this stupid site, EA Answer HQ.  Please speak English and tell me what to do.  Why can I not get into Pogo????  What is going on with Java???

Message 6 of 7 (560 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello Norwood777,

When visiting the forum, it’s a good idea to check our ‘stickies’ at the top of the first page, to see if we have already posted on the topic – that way, you can read our list of trouble-shooting steps or solutions immediately and not have to wait for one of us to respond to your post.

With that in mind, please see our step-by-step guide to Java. Take the time to read through this and follow the detailed steps there to ensure that Java is correctly installed and enabled on your computer: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Pogo/Solution-Java-step-by-step/m-p/393292#U393292

If you are still being asked to download Java, having installed the latest version then please make sure that it is enabled correctly (point 3 in our guide deals with this).

Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 7 of 7 (547 Views)