Re: Why does the message say I need to install Java pop up and not allow me to play Pogo games?? I have un-installed and re-installed it several times.

by JLM1200

Original Post

Why does the message say I need to install Java pop up and not allow me to play Pogo games?? I have uninstalled and re-installed it several times.

★★★ Newbie

For the last several days, every time I try to play a game on Pogo, there is a pop-up screen from Java that states I need to download it.  I have uninstalled and re-installed it several times.  I have even installed an older version to bypass the issues that Java is having.  This was suggested on the Java website.  This to no avail.

If I cannot play games on Pogo, I will certainly NOT be paying their fees!!

I assume it will take forever and a day to get an answer to this, if I ever get one!

Carol Koch

ceramics4you

Message 1 of 4 (204 Views)

Re: Why does the message say I need to install Java pop up and not allow me to play Pogo games?? I have un-installed and re-installed it several times.

Champion (Retired)

Have you disabled your popup blocker.

Also no one is obliged to provide you with assistance here, As this is a community project.

Message 2 of 4 (203 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sorry!  Did NOT know it was community based.  Thought I was talking to EA/Pogo!!

Physical problems have made me a little abrupt sometimes.  Will not bother you again.

Message 3 of 4 (199 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello ceramics4you,

When visiting the forum, it’s a good idea to check our ‘stickies’ at the top of the first page, to see if we have already posted on the topic – that way, you can read our list of trouble-shooting steps or solutions and not have to wait for one of us to respond to your post.

With that in mind, please see our main post here about Java. Take the time to read through this and follow the detailed steps there to ensure that Java is correctly installed and enabled on your computer: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Pogo/JAVA-ISSUE-POST-HERE/m-p/371424#M13526

If you are still being asked to download Java, having installed the latest version then please make sure that it is enabled correctly (point 3 in our guide deals with this).

Hope this helps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 4 of 4 (195 Views)