Re: Why do some of Pogo's games load & not others? I have the most recent version of Java, but still some games won't load, claiming my Java is out of date!

by EA_Najat

Original Post

Why do some of Pogo's games load & not others?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Why do some of Pogo's games load & not others? I have the most recent version of Java, but still some games won't load, claiming my Java is out of date!

I run Google Chrome & until the last week or so, I had no problems. Now, suddenly, I can't get into about half my games, including many on the weekly badges! What gives Pogo?

Message 1 of 6 (680 Views)

Re: Why do some of Pogo's games load & not others? I have the most recent version of Java, but still some games won't load, claiming my Java is out of date!

★★★ Newbie

i have windows 8 and the ame thibg keeps happening to me.and I can't get any  answer.

Message 2 of 6 (661 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's frustrating! I haven't been able to play my favorite games in over a 2weeks. What gives?!

Message 3 of 6 (646 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I believe that it's pogo and not Java!

Message 4 of 6 (645 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I say the same thing. I have done everything possible that they have suggested and nothing is working. I don't know how many times I have uninstalled and reinstalled all the dang javas, disabled security, popups, check to make sure the scripting is enabled, all my java are enabled...but I still can't get to play spades on any of the browsers. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the browser, hoping this will help...nothing. So, today I tried the whole cycle again...sigh. Lo and behold, I was able to get into a spades room in IE, but can't get into a table, can't start a table, can't view the options of an existing table...but I am able to look at all the info links from the left side without a problem. I still can't get into spades through FF nor Chrome. So if it was indeed Java...wouldn't we still not be able to do that. Now my son, who is not a paying customer is able to play in spades under his free account......go figure. I am paying to play the games that I want to play...I don't care about the games that aren't applicable through java. Are you guys going to compensate us for the java games we can't play...no. Pogo was workable until EA took over.......ugghhhh!

Trying to stay a loyal customer!

Message 5 of 6 (636 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hello

The solution for this issue is to enable Java in your browser like we explained here:

If you need assistance please post a message in the existing thread, if everyone opens a new thread for the same question it makes difficult to us to provide assistance.

Thank you.

Note: some of the games are running with flash and others Java, if flash is properly installed but java is not it explains why some of the games can load and the others cannot: List of Flash & Java Games on Pogo

Message 6 of 6 (634 Views)