Re: Unable to purchase Pogo Gems

by Just4FunThisTyme

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to purchase Pogo Gems

★★★★★ Newbie

Whenever I click to buy gems, I'm prompted to log in (I have my account set to not require a password for purchases) and the login page appears to be in the purchase mode but, when I click to log in, I end up back at home - regardless of which link I use to purchase. (I've been to every one I can find in the site and cannot get past this login page.)

I already have Firefox set to allow cookies and have even added your suggested exceptions and this does not resolve the issue. I've also tried in IE 11 - which I do not use - with the same results.

I am unwilling to try/use another browser just to access certain functions in the site. I prefer Firefox and have no trouble getting to the other games I play in my preferred browser - nor any problem spending my money on them. In order to be able to continue my 15 year membership with Pogo, this needs to work in my preferred browser. (And everyone elses, as well!)

Since I have seen this type of post many times, I am inclined to think this is an ongoing problem that EA should probably do something to resolve... Anyway, in the meantime, does anyone have any other suggestions?

(Though I'll admit this is better for my budget, I presume EA wants my money and will expeditiously be working on a resolution to prevent this problem from occurring as well...)

Message 1 of 13 (1,817 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

@MsDP01

Please see if either of the following tips resolve the issue:

• Click on the My account link at the top of the Pogo home page > Sign  in with your password > Click on the Billing link > Scroll down to Purchase Gems and see if you can purchase them from there.
  • Try using a browser other than the one you normally use to see if you are able to complete the purchase. Also make sure your browser's zoom is set at exactly 100 percent. While you are on the home page, hold down the CTRL key and press the Zero key (above the letter P on your keyboard) at the same time. That will reset your zoom

If you are still unable to purchase gems using the above tips, please contact an advisor for assistance, here's how to do so:

1. Click on the following link: Contact us
2. Make sure you are logged in the top right of the page (use your Pogo account to log in).

3. Select Pogo as your platform then select Pogo as your  game.
4. From the 1st drop down menu select 'Manage My Account', 2nd drop down select 'Manage payment details' and then type in the short description of your issue,
5. Select one of the available contact options. I recommend choosing the 'Call Me' option (if it's available) and then on the next page fill in the requested details.

Don't hesitate to reply back if you are still in need of assistance. 

Hope this helps,  Just  Image

Tip: To easily locate your posts click on the drop-down indicator next to your screen name at the top right of the page, then select Profile.

AHQ volunteer/moderator. I am not an EA employee

AHQ is a player-to-player support Community. Please Grant XP if a post was helpful, and select Accept as Solution when a post resolved your issue.

View in thread

Message 9 of 13 (1,728 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

Hello @littlebitofn,

Apologies for the late reply and I am sorry to hear that you have run into issues with purchasing gems. 

Could you please schedule a call back from one of our Advisors so they could check your account to see what could be happening? To schedule a call back, please follow the steps:

1. Click on the following link: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=pogo&platform=pogo
2. Make sure you are logged in the top right of the page (use your Pogo account to log in)
3. Select 'Manage My Account' as your topic and 'Manage payment details' as your issue
4. Click select a contact option - I recommend choosing the 'Call Me' option and then on the next page fill in the requested details.

Let us know if you run into any issues.

- Kristi

Message 2 of 13 (1,796 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you Kristi - no worries on time, just glad to get a response. Standard smile

I found another way to buy gems - with a gift card - in the meantime but certainly would like this fixed. I will follow your suggestion when I have a moment to sit down with support - probably will be a day or two before I can do this - and will follow up after.

Truly appreciate you - thanks again!

Lori

Message 3 of 13 (1,787 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem! Have tried everything, including 3 different credit cards, (all in good standing). Have latest Flash, latest Java, have cleaned everything, had Kaspersky scan for a virus. Tried to get help from EA, (USELESS). Tried to contact POGO, (useless). I have tried using both Firefox and Explorer - same problem persists. I have Windows 8. I have been a member for 10+years, and never had this problem until last week.  Wish someone could help, anyone......

Message 4 of 13 (1,780 Views)

EA Staff

@littlebitofn Glad to hear that you found a work around - at least for now Standard smile 

One thing I did think of for you to try to was changing/updating your password (instructions HERE). I am thinking that this is an account issue, as if it was a payment problem you would get some kind of an error message. 

Let me know if you do reach out to our Support and run into any trouble.

- Kristi

Message 5 of 13 (1,771 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hello @RMAMOM8,

I do apologize for any trouble you have run into with our Support and with the purchasing.

What exactly happens for you? Do you also get stuck in a loop where you are being asked for a password? Or do you get any errors?

Could you try completing the purchase when using your browser incognito/private/InPrivate browsing mode - you can access these modes by right clicking the browser icon on your task bar?

Thank you,
- Kristi

Message 6 of 13 (1,767 Views)

★★ Novice

I have no problem with my password. I will try your suggestion as to "In Private". Thanks.Devil

Message 7 of 13 (1,753 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am  having the same issue.  Has this problem not been resolved??  It's pointless to try to contact POGO.  It happens when I'm trying to play Clue Secrets and Spies.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Message 8 of 13 (1,672 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@MsDP01

Please see if either of the following tips resolve the issue:

• Click on the My account link at the top of the Pogo home page > Sign  in with your password > Click on the Billing link > Scroll down to Purchase Gems and see if you can purchase them from there.
  • Try using a browser other than the one you normally use to see if you are able to complete the purchase. Also make sure your browser's zoom is set at exactly 100 percent. While you are on the home page, hold down the CTRL key and press the Zero key (above the letter P on your keyboard) at the same time. That will reset your zoom

If you are still unable to purchase gems using the above tips, please contact an advisor for assistance, here's how to do so:

1. Click on the following link: Contact us
2. Make sure you are logged in the top right of the page (use your Pogo account to log in).

3. Select Pogo as your platform then select Pogo as your  game.
4. From the 1st drop down menu select 'Manage My Account', 2nd drop down select 'Manage payment details' and then type in the short description of your issue,
5. Select one of the available contact options. I recommend choosing the 'Call Me' option (if it's available) and then on the next page fill in the requested details.

Don't hesitate to reply back if you are still in need of assistance. 

Hope this helps,  Just  Image

Tip: To easily locate your posts click on the drop-down indicator next to your screen name at the top right of the page, then select Profile.

AHQ volunteer/moderator. I am not an EA employee

AHQ is a player-to-player support Community. Please Grant XP if a post was helpful, and select Accept as Solution when a post resolved your issue.

Message 9 of 13 (1,729 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problems and when my account comes up for renewal, I will not renew if this problem still exist.  I hate being forced to change what was working only to have the change not keep me from using my account.  I think we all should be refunded our membership fees if we are unable to use what we paid for!

Message 10 of 13 (1,485 Views)