[Redirected] - Support thread for JAVA

by EA_Najat

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Redirected] - Support thread for JAVA

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Update

This topic is now closed. With the new Java 7 update 25, a new support thread is available here:
Java - Support thread

______Support Thread for Java______

If you are experiencing issues while updating the Java version on your computer, please read the following message.

If the issue persists and you need assistance, post a comment in this support thread including the information below:

• Describe what is happening on the screen when you try to load a Java game(Error message, Pop-up window or any information displayed)
  • Information about your system (Operating System, Browser, Java version, Flash version...) Available by clicking on the following link and copy/paste the result: Your System Info

17th April, 2013 - Flash and Java Update

Trouble installing Java update
Make sure you have read our Important Notice to resolve this issue:

Comcast Customers / Constant Guard Users - Please read this important notice.

Please note that a new Flash and Java version are available today.
This guide will help on updating the two programs.

If you have any question; please post a message in this discussion thread.

Thank you.

Flash and Java Versions

Here are the new versions

1. Java Version 7 Update 21
  2. Adobe Flash Player 11.7.700

If you want to know what is the current version installed on your computer you can click on this link : Your System Info

You will find the exact versions currently installed on your computer

system info.JPG

•  Both 32-bit and 64-bit browsers, you need to download both 32-bit and 64-bit Java, respectively 

Browsers

Make sure you are using one of the recommended and supported browsers.

Enable Java

Even if you have Java installed on your computer, it also needs to be enabled for your browser in order to function properly. If you are experiencing difficulties, make sure that Java is enabled. Here’s how:

• Windows User

All Windows Users should enable Java by using this step FIRST.

Firefox

Internet Explorer

Chrome

Java Security Warning Info

Recent updates to Java means you’ve likely seen this message popup when playing a Pogo game.

We’re serving the same games we’ve always have, but Java has changed.

We’re working on addressing this as quickly as possible.

In the meantime you can click “Don’t Block” and continue playing.

Message 1 of 94 (3,798 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Java problem

[ Edited ]

@Bazzie63 wrote:

I had to download the new Java update 21. On shutting down for the night - the next morning i cannot turn the computer on, it looks like it is on but is not connecting to the monitor. I will turn of/on several times until finally it works, with self repair starting and an error message telling me new software is the problem and the only thing updated is JAVA, it restores back to a point and is fine again, but it has removed Java. Sick of it, i cant play any pogo games.

Browser = Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0(Browser Mode 8, Document Mode 5)
Cookies Enabled? = true
Do Not Track = undefined
Resolution = 1920 x 1080
OS = Windows 7
Flash version = 11.5.502
Java Versions installed =  i do not have a java installed

If you don't have Java installed on your computer you will only be able to play Flash games on Pogo.

Your Operating system: Windows 7 and you are using Internet Explorer 8.0 

For this operating system we recommend the following browsers

You will also need to install Java if you want to play the Java games and if ever there is still an issue, you can proceed to the following verifications:

1. Your plugin on your browser is not activated - solution here: Activating Java (Click here)
  2. Java is not enabled: Internet Explorer
  3. Your anti-virus program is preventing the detection - solution here:

View in thread

Message 27 of 94 (1,383 Views)

All Replies

Re: Flash and Java update

★★ Novice

I hope you all know yb now that the new update is causing problems...first happened to me going for the monopoly badge. When loading, a message comes up saying there is some security problem recognized by Java with the application then asks to block or not. Kind of a pain so hope you all get this security issue figured out. And just for further info, when I thought something may have been corrupted in my Java, I uninstalled and reinstalled hoping to fix it...didn't change anything. I am running Windows XP and am not having a problem with most of the games.

Message 2 of 94 (3,594 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Oracle owns Java, not pogo, Oracles pop up is asking for you to block, or unblock, it's your choice.

Pogo is not a security risk, so you can choose unblock to play pogo games, or you can choose block and keep seeing the message.. Your choice

Hope this helps!

Message 3 of 94 (3,589 Views)

★★ Novice

Oh I know I can hit not block and continue playing (I should hope Pogo doesn't have anything in here that is a security risk!) but that's not really the point...I shouldn't have to do this! Someone should be able to come up with a fix to keep this from happening. I'm figuring that a lot of the java issues presently being brought up are because of the fact that most folks have an aversion to clicking do not block on something that is saying it is a security risk so not much of an answer on this

Message 4 of 94 (3,547 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thank you okiepenngal

some users may be experiencing this security message below. It states: "Java has discovered application components that could indicate a security concern." Our engineers are currently investigating this situation and are working on a fix. As of now, we know this error message will not occur if your game audio is muted.

Some of the games we know are affected are Jungle Gin, Spades, and possibly other Table games.

Message 5 of 94 (3,522 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm a Mac User, have installed the latest version of Java (because I was forced to in order to access games).  Do the test to validate Java is installed properly and am told it is.  I say OK to security risk.  When Boggle Bash comes up, I can't use keyboard to enter words - only a mouse - that is obviously too slow!  PLEASE FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!  Have problems with other games as well.

Message 6 of 94 (3,483 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There IS, however, a problem with Pogo. As others have noted Boggle Bash and Crossword Cove will not accept keyboard input.

MacOS 10.7.5 (11G63)

Java 7u21

Safari 6.0.4 (7536.29.13)

All caches cleared. Java and Flash both uninstalled and reinstalled.

On a related note: does anyone know how to reach an actual human voice at Pogo or EA?

Message 7 of 94 (3,448 Views)

★ Novice

Has anyone had any update on this?  There seems to be no way to contact EA and it has been 3 days now since I've been able to do my morning crossword.  I get grumpy without my morning crossword with my coffee.  Does anyone know of any other good online crossword sites.  I'd dump pogo in a heartbeat if I could find a replacement.  Every java upgrade has had this problem with crossword cove and other games requiring keyboard entries.  I'm tired of it.

Message 8 of 94 (3,339 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can play for a day or two and then the message comes up that it is checking for Java - and alas, Pogo can't find Java on my computer.  I have installed, re-installed, de-installed, enabled, etc.  and I still can't get in to play games.  Pogo takes my money every month but can't seem to find a solution.

@laidofftoo wrote:

Has anyone had any update on this?  There seems to be no way to contact EA and it has been 3 days now since I've been able to do my morning crossword.  I get grumpy without my morning crossword with my coffee.  Does anyone know of any other good online crossword sites.  I'd dump pogo in a heartbeat if I could find a replacement.  Every java upgrade has had this problem with crossword cove and other games requiring keyboard entries.  I'm tired of it.

Message 9 of 94 (3,318 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Agree with all that is being said.  Same problems here and don't seem to be able to contact anyone for a solution.  Day 4 now without being able to do crossword cove, or boggle bash.  Yet keypad works on other games and chat areas.  Tried every option listed and no change.  Also recieve the security message about block or not block on other games!?!  When uninstall new Java and download previous version...works for a while, but then game forces you to update and go back to same problem.  

Browser = Safari 6.0.3

Cookies Enabled? = true

Do Not Track = undefined

Resolution = 1280 x 800

OS = Mac OS X 10.8.3(Mountain Lion)

Flash version = 11.6.602

Java Versions installed = 1.7.0_21

Message 10 of 94 (3,299 Views)