Re: Rainy Day Spider Solitaire not getting full score

by EA_Mage

Original Post

Rainy Day Spider Solitaire not getting full score

★ Apprentice

I've been having a problem for several months now with not getting credit for the full score earned in Rainy Day Spider Solitaire.  It happens specifically when I do not use the free cells and/or free column - at the end of the game the score starts counting upward but then will reach say, 710, then revert back to 685 and stops (on the game screen itself).  Then the 'play again' page appears, and shows my score (correctly) as 875.  However, the high scores page shows only 685, and my tournament progress is only increased by 685, so I'm losing 190 points.  The same thing happens in both Chrome and Firefox browsers.  The few times I've had to use both free cells and free column it seems to record the score accurately.  

Flash is up-to-date, I've cleared caches, nothing seems to make a difference.  It's frustrating not only because our team score is not going up as fast as it should, but since I'm ranked out on this game I enjoy competing with others in the room for high score.  I don't seem to have this problem in any of the other games, just Rainy.  Any help would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 11 (724 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @CindyH5211,

That sounds like it could be a bug.

Could you please try getting a screenshot of the scores (the counting score at the end of the game, the 'End game' screen one and the one from the stats page)?

For instructions on how to take a screenshot on PC, please see the following article: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Pogo/Capturing-a-screen-shot/m-p/5569954/thread-id/153430/highlight/false

To post a screen on AHQ select 'Choose File' option below the post box and upload the screenshot you just took.

Postss.JPG

Thanks,

EA_Mage

Someone answered your question? Hit that 'Accept as Solution' button.

You like a post? 'XP' button is your friend.

Message 2 of 11 (700 Views)

★ Apprentice

Here are the screen shots all from one game played yesterday.

Message 3 of 11 (687 Views)

EA app Team

Thank you very much for that, it does look very strange!

I'll forward this info to the studio and hopefully they will be able to look into it. Sadly, I cannot promise you any ETA for any potential solutions, but if I do see any further info I will let you know.

Thanks again. Standard smile

EA_Mage

Message 4 of 11 (677 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hello @CindyH5211,

Just wanted to check in with you regarding this bug.

Do you still have the same issues with Rainy Day Spider Solitaire or have the last few maintenances resolved the issue for you?

Let me know how you have been getting on.

EA_Mage

Message 5 of 11 (638 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi,

Yes I am still having the same issue.  It also happens in Pale Moon and Internet Explorer, in addition to Firefox and Chrome.  I've since upgraded my cable modem (old one was EOL), but that did nothing for this issue.  I do have a very slow (inexpensive) cable internet plan, but that's never been a problem before, and other sites (and games) are fine.  I ranked out on Rainy years ago, so I've played many games on slower computers in the past.  

Flash uses a huge amount of my computer's cpu and memory (compared to the good ole Java days).  

Thanks for keeping in touch, 

Message 6 of 11 (620 Views)

EA app Team

Sorry to hear that @CindyH5211.

I'll forward the info on to the studio and as soon as we have any further info, we will let you know.

Thank you for your patience.

EA_Mage

Message 7 of 11 (608 Views)

★ Novice

For the last two or three days I can NOT even log into Rainy Day Spider.  I have not changed anything as far as settings are concerned.  I usually play this game every day but not anymore.  There are a few other games I can't log into as well.  What gives?

Message 8 of 11 (600 Views)

★ Novice

Same problem for me, too. But I am unable to take a screenshot of the hourly and daily stats to show the error. However, Cindy has described the situation perfectly.. This has been frustrationg for me as well. How can you fix this?

Message 9 of 11 (499 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @LetsPlayPretend,

To help track this down a bit further for your account, can you give the Windows snipping tool a try? It can easily take screenshots of any part of your screen you request, and we can use that information to investigate the issue further.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots

I look forward to hearing from you.

Arrenai Cat

Message 10 of 11 (475 Views)