Phlinx II freezes after every game and doesn't give me credit for games won

by straw975

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Phlinx II freezes after every game and doesn't give me credit for games won

★ Novice

Phlinx II freezes after every game and doesn't give me credit for games won. 

Message 1 of 11 (792 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Phlinx II freezes after every game and doesn't give me credit for games won

EA Staff

Hello @straw975 and @bpcho54,

We have seen reports of this happening with IE 11 and the studio is looking into it.

For now, we do recommend using a different browser for this game, for example Google Chrome.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
- Kristi

View in thread

Message 5 of 11 (815 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

Hello @straw975,

I am sorry to hear that you have run into issues with Phlinx II.

What browser are you using and does the same thing happen if you use a different browser? I would also recommend trying the steps in the following post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Pogo/HTML5-games-troubleshooting/m-p/6016864/highlight/true#M164077

Let us know how you get on.
- Kristi

Message 2 of 11 (759 Views)

★ Novice

Your suggestion didn't help.  I've done that several times.  I can get in the game, but as soon as I finish, the game freezes and doesn't give me credit for the win.  I saved a copy of the screenshot.  And I'm using IE browser.

Message 3 of 11 (750 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was having the same problem, only I had to refresh each time and it never gave me the credits for winning level. I was using IE also.  I read this post and the answer you were given and I tried Google Chrome and it worked. 

Message 4 of 11 (737 Views)

EA Staff

Hello @straw975 and @bpcho54,

We have seen reports of this happening with IE 11 and the studio is looking into it.

For now, we do recommend using a different browser for this game, for example Google Chrome.

- Kristi

Message 5 of 11 (816 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Don't have google chrome and shouldn't need it

Message 6 of 11 (701 Views)

EA Staff

Hello @lovedty,

Google Chrome is not mandatory, it just the browser that I have found to work best with HTML5 games. If you do have Edge or Firefox, these browsers should also work.

Let us know how you get on.
- Kristi

Message 7 of 11 (684 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this same problem.  Phlinx 2 freezes when you get the chest to drop and I don't get credit for anything played.  Thus no games have been won.  Why on earth would you release a badge on Wednesdays weekly challenge when it is not perfected yet.  I believe you should hand out the badge to all people for the inconvenience they have had and the headaches of trying to clear browsers and refresh pages all to no avail. No one should have to download another browser just to play this game.  It should work on every one before it is released.  (Spoken from 1 who used to test games before they were released).  This game definitely has a glitch and needs to go back to the shop for repair!

Message 8 of 11 (574 Views)

EA app Team

Hello @manutzo,

The studio is working on addressing the freezing issues with the game, but at the moment we do not have an ETA for when the solution will be found. For now, we do recommend that you use a different browser from IE 11 to play.

My sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this causes.

EA_Mage

Someone answered your question? Hit that 'Accept as Solution' button.

You like a post? 'XP' button is your friend.

Message 9 of 11 (547 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am using Google Chrome and having the same freezing issues as the people using IE 11.  It doesn't happen every time, but becoming much more frequent.  So far, it only happens on the Celestial level, and only after I've captured at least 3 chests.  It seems there is a warning sign before the freeze.  I shoot a ball, and it "disappears" no matter where I aimed.  That might happen a couple of times - never in a row.  Other times, I shoot the ball and it gets stopped by an "invisible ball" that can only be removed by clearing the balls above it - acts like a black ball.  After about 20 more shots, I will get the "blank ball" in the shooter and it's frozen.  I think I first encountered the freeze about 3 weeks ago, but it could have been a little earlier.

How can I help further?

Message 10 of 11 (468 Views)