Re: POGO & JAVA - Windows 8 - JAVA downloaded but not enabled - Get to Spades, but can not get to a room

by EA_Stephen

Original Post

POGO & JAVA - Windows 8 - JAVA downloaded but not enabled - Get to Spades, but can not get to a room

★★ Novice

I have a new computer loaded with Windows 8. I have IE 10.0.9200   

I logged into POGO, went to Spades. Still no problem.

Selected a room and was told I needed to download JAVA. So, I did.

Restarted the computer. Still get the popup about loading JAVA.

Went through the help steps and found that JAVA is not enabled.

Need help with where to go from here. Worked on this several hours last night and this morning.

Would not turn down a live person on a chat to help me through it.

Message 1 of 16 (615 Views)

Re: POGO & JAVA - Windows 8 - JAVA downloaded but not enabled - Get to Spades, but can not get to a room

Community Manager (retired)

Hello jdrsem,

All mainstream browsers have an option for enabling Java, which ensures any applets that use it will function properly. For a complete list of per-browser instructions for enabling Java, please visit http://www.java.com/en/download/help/enable_browser.xml.

Let us know if you still have an issue after trying this.

Regards,

Stephen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 2 of 16 (605 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have made very minor progress since the request. I am; now using Google Chrome instead of IE. I no longer get JAVA error messages. However, it is worse now. When I select a Spades game room, the pop up window comes on to show me that it is connecting with the room. However, it never goes anywhere and finally just disappears. 

I appreciate you trying to work with me. But, I badly wish I could have a live person on the other end of a phone call.

Message 3 of 16 (596 Views)

Hello jdrsem,

Please click on the following link and then ‘copy and paste’ the displayed results into a reply here.

This will give me a general overview on your computer set-up and hopefully give me some pointers to help.

http://systeminfocheck.appspot.com/

Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 4 of 16 (583 Views)

★★ Novice

Game Loading Error

Explanation:

You have encountered an error. Please click here to find out more information that may help you resolve this issue.

Many issues can be resolved by applying some simple maintenance to your browser and Java software. Click here to find out how to help improve the performance of your games and resolve most technical issues.

Pogo games require the Java plugin. To install Java for free, click here.

If you need further assistance, click here to view our Customer Support Help page.

Your System Info

Browser = Google Chrome 23.0.1271.97
Cookies Enabled? = true
Do Not Track = null
Resolution = 1366 x 768
OS = Windows 8
Flash version = 11.5.31
Java Versions installed = 

Looking at that, it implies that there is no JAVA installed. But I saw more than once a popup that said I had successfully installed JAVA. 

Message 5 of 16 (576 Views)

Hello jdrsem,

Please try running the Java plug in test on the following link:

http://www.pogo.com/misc/sun-java/plug-in-test.jsp

There's clearly something either preventing Java installing on your computer, or preventing Pogo from recognising the installation.

Let us know how you get on.

Message 6 of 16 (574 Views)

★★ Novice

Even more frustrated now!  I have done what you said. Have also read a lot of other peoples filings as well as information on the user forums. 

Not sure anymore what the state of my brand new computer is overall, but I finally got it back to the point that when I select a Spades room on POGO, I get the next window saying it is loading for a few minutes, and then that window just disappears. 

If I don't get this fixed this week, I am going to be demanding the remainder of my subscription back from POGO. Then I will look for a gaming system that has much better online help and a record for fixing their problems. In looking at the postings, I saw many from November of last year. The fix should have been a piece of cake. If you can't tell, I am at my wits end and fed up. 

Message 7 of 16 (535 Views)

Hello jdrsem,

What happened when you ran the Java plug in test as I suggested in my previous post.

Do you still get a Java error message when trying to load spades?

Thank you.

Message 8 of 16 (530 Views)

★★ Novice

I must apologize. I have been working the problem about 1-3 hours a day since then. Do not remember exactly what the result was. I did run it, and followed the instructions for the result given by previous results of postings on your site and postings on the POGO forum that had supposedly had success in the past. Never with any success. I know this does not answer your question. I will try to rerun your request now.

Message 9 of 16 (524 Views)

★★ Novice

Here is where I am now. I tried to load the spades game room. I got a JAVA popup that said I needed to load JAVA. So, I once again did. Then I got a popup that suggested I download the free browser download from ASK.  Have not responded yet. 

Message 10 of 16 (523 Views)