PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP US! (Pogo Windows 8)

by MacSparkyPI

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP US! (Pogo Windows 8)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Could someone PLEASE explain to me why we cannot play Pogo on Windows 8?????????? If I woould have known this, I would have never bought a new computer! That's all that is available now!!!!!!!!! I have contacted Pogo's Customer Support and have never received an answer. I have been a steady Pogo member since 1995.

Message 1 of 16 (3,228 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP US!

Community Manager (retired)

Hello,

The good news is that you CAN play Pogo games on Windows 8 and many players are already doing so.

Please see the following for details on how to run Pogo under Windows 8:

How to play Java games on Pogo using Windows 8?

Java games can only run from the Desktop Screen of Windows 8. The Start Screen in Windows 8 does not support the Java Plug-in which is needed to run Java games. Follow these steps to switch screens.

Here are three ways you can switch screens in Windows 8 so you can play Pogo’s Java games:
1. Press the Windows logo key on the keyboard. From there you can toggle between the Start screen and the Desktop screen
a. The Windows key is probably located near your spacebar on your keyboard
2. Click on the Desktop tile in the Start Screen to switch to the Desktop Screen
3. Move your mouse pointer to the bottom left corner of your screen to switch between the Start Screen to the Desktop Screen

Hope this helps. 

Regards,

Stephen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".

View in thread

Message 2 of 16 (3,278 Views)

Re: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP US! (Pogo Windows 8)

★★★ Newbie

Its KASPERSKY that is causing the problem. Exit Kaspersky and you will be able to play the game. I am currently troubleshooting this issue with a client of mine. I will let you know what i do to resolve the issue.

View in thread

Message 15 of 16 (867 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Open kasperky settings/application control and click on "Applications" and find folder "Oracle America". Right click on every file in that folder (one by one), choose "Application rules", click on "Exclusions" and check "Do not scan network traffic". 

I got the above from: http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/17811-kaspersky-blocks-java-browser.html

View in thread

Message 16 of 16 (866 Views)

All Replies

Hello,

The good news is that you CAN play Pogo games on Windows 8 and many players are already doing so.

Java games can only run from the Desktop Screen of Windows 8. The Start Screen in Windows 8 does not support the Java Plug-in which is needed to run Java games. Follow these steps to switch screens.

Here are three ways you can switch screens in Windows 8 so you can play Pogo’s Java games:
1. Press the Windows logo key on the keyboard. From there you can toggle between the Start screen and the Desktop screen
2. Click on the Desktop tile in the Start Screen to switch to the Desktop Screen
3. Move your mouse pointer to the bottom left corner of your screen to switch between the Start Screen to the Desktop Screen

Hope this helps. 

Regards,

Stephen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 2 of 16 (3,279 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can not get the Java to load I have installed it removed it done everything every help page say's to do and it still won't work there is no one that I can contact Java EA Pogo.  This is verry frustrating.  Can someone help PLEASE

Message 3 of 16 (3,207 Views)

Hello,

If you are still having this issue after downloading the 7.9 version of Java, please make sure that Java version itself is not disabled. 

All mainstream browsers have an option for enabling Java, which ensures any applets that use it will function properly. For a complete list of per-browser instructions for enabling Java, please visit 
http://www.java.com/en/download/help/enable_browser.xml.

Let us know if you still have an issue after trying this – and please let us know which browser you are using.

Regards,

Stephen.

Message 4 of 16 (3,207 Views)

★★★ Newbie

using Chrome Firefox and Internet explorer (only as last hope)

Chrome is set as( Allow all sites to run JavaScript (recommended)) still getting message (JAVA (TM) Platform SE 7  U9 has crashed)on Firefox and Chrome.operating system windows 7 Home.  Chrome (Version 23.0.1271.95 m)have done full unistall of JAVA and install to different location still crashed

Message 5 of 16 (3,197 Views)

★★★ Novice

@eastephen wrote:

Hello,

Hope this helps. 

Regards,

Stephen.

That is the ONLY way I access Pogo is from the desktop. I rarely use the start menu (usually only to get to the desktop)

Message 8 of 16 (3,163 Views)

Hello pilotbill4022,

What anti-virus software are you using? 

I've seen reports on other sites of this error message happening with Xfinity Constant Guard. Is this the one you use?

Message 9 of 16 (3,127 Views)

★★★ Novice

Kaspersky. But that has nothing to do with this. I have Kaspersky on my Laptop and Pogo is running just fine. My laptop has Windows 7. My desktop has Win 8. The problem is that Pogo is having issues with Win 8 and Pogo refuses to tell us how to fix it. I can take comfort in knowing that I am not the only one facing this issue. Pogo is going to lose allot of members over this. Maybe even me. Even though I have been a member for about 9 years.

Message 10 of 16 (3,111 Views)