Re: Java help windows8

by potatosoup_

Original Post

Java help windows8

★★★ Newbie

New computer windows8. Everything worked fine for about a month. Suddenly, for no reason that I can tell, last week I can't play most games on pogo. Window keeps popping up saying I need to install java. I uninstalled java (even though it was the current one) and reinstalled it. I made sure it was enabled and cleared the java cache.

I e-mailed for help and got a message someone would contact me but no one has. I pay for a subscription which expires in Feb.. I will not renew if I can't play games on pogo. New challenges start tomorrow and I want to participate. Please help!!!

Message 1 of 9 (996 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello potatosoup_,

Please click on the following link and then ‘copy and paste’ the displayed results into a reply here.

This will give me a general overview on your computer set-up and hopefully give me some pointers to help.

http://systeminfocheck.appspot.com/

Can you also please let us know which anti-virus software you are using?

Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 2 of 9 (986 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Browser  = Microsoft Internet Explorer 10.0(Browser Mode 10, Document Mode 10)
Cookies Enabled? = true
Do Not Track = undefined
Resolution  = 1920 x 1080
OS = Windows 8
Flash version = 11.3.377
Java Versions installed =

Not sure which anti virus. How do I find it?

Message 3 of 9 (982 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hello potatosoup_,

Thanks for getting back to us.

From the report you provided, it looks as if your installation of Java is not being recognised by your computer system.

I have seen this before and the issue was that it was being blocked by their Kaspersky anti-virus program.

Please see this Help Centre article for a work-around:

https://help.ea.com/article/pogo-game-loading-issues-fix-microsoft-security-essentials

Please make sure you also have the latest Flash version installed: 

https://help.ea.com/article/my-game-screen-is-not-loading

Hope this helps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 4 of 9 (975 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can't pogo games to load on windows8 in chrome!

Browser = Google Chrome 27.0.1453.110
Cookies Enabled? = true
Do Not Track = null
Resolution = 1600 x 900
OS = Windows 7
Flash version = 11.7.700
Java Versions installed = 1.7.0_21

Message 5 of 9 (765 Views)

★ Expert

@Mara461:  Is this system information from your preferred browser?

Your operating system is Windows 7.

What happens exactly?  Do you use an anti-virus program & if so, which one?

Message 6 of 9 (754 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same problem. For a long time I was able to play the Java games on Pogo without a problem. Now, no matter what I do I keep getting messages that I need to install Java (even though I have the most recent version according to the Java website). This only happens in IE (as I'm able to play the Java games in Firefox (for now). I clicked on the link you provided to get system info and this is what it shows:

Browser = Netscape 5
Cookies Enabled? = true
Do Not Track = undefined
Resolution = 1360 x 768
OS = Windows 8.1

Flash version = 20.0.0
Java Versions installed = 1.8.0_66

However, I'm not running Netscape 5. I use IE 11.

When I clicked this link: http://news.pogo.com/pogo-troubleshooter/ the information provided is as follows:

Browser = Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0(Browser Mode 7, Document Mode 5)
Cookies Enabled? = true
Do Not Track = undefined
Resolution = 1360 x 768
OS = Windows 8.1
Flash version = 20.0.0
Java Versions installed = 1.8.0_66

As you can see, this says I run IE 7 but, again, I run IE 11.

When I click Help in IE and then click About Internet Explorer, it shows I have version 11.0.9600.18125.

If it helps, my anti-virus is AVG.

Some months back (within the last 3 months) I did post a thread about this issue and never received a response. Unfortunately, I no longer have the ticket# that was assigned to my issue.

Please, help. My husband and I are beyond frustrated with this issue and have been putting up with it for about 8 months now. I am at the same point as many other people and may not continue my Pogo subscription because of it (as I'm getting really tired with having to switch between browsers just to play some games).

Kind Regards,

Brinigirl79

Message 7 of 9 (365 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@brinigirl79

You have your computer in compatibility mode.  Turn off the compatibility

mode and your games should play much better.  Compatibility View

Message 8 of 9 (361 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I checked that and it's not listed in compatability mode.
Message 9 of 9 (358 Views)