Re: Issues with Crossword Cove and Boggle after the Windows Creator update

by EA_Kristi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Issues with Crossword Cove and Boggle after the Windows Creator update

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am having issues with Crossword Cove and Boggle after the Windows Creator update happened yesterday.  Prior to the update, I was able to use Edge to play both Boggle and Crossword Cove with no issues.  Now, Crossword Cove loads, I can select a date from the calendar and the grid comes up normally.  However, when I try to type an answer, the highlight moves from square to square like normal, but there are no letters in the squares.  In Boggle, the game loads fine and the boggle dice show normally, however, when I try to type a letter, nothing happens.  I can select a letter with the mouse, but cannot type them.  Very strange.  I am able to play Crossword Cove successfully in Chrome.  Is it just me?

Message 1 of 5 (543 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Staff

Hello @organtFD8Dez,

This is an issue with Edge browser for these games and the studio is aware of this. The easiest workaround for now is to use a different browser.

Alternative option would be to add Pogo to your trusted site list. If you wish to do so, please follow the steps in the spoiler below:

Spoiler

1. Open Control Panel

2. Go to Internet Options

3. Select the Security tab and highlight the Trusted sites icon

4. Click the Sites button and www.Pogo.com and select add (make sure that 'Require server verification' is unticked)

Let us know if you have any other questions.
- Kristi

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (676 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

Hello @organtFD8Dez,

This is an issue with Edge browser for these games and the studio is aware of this. The easiest workaround for now is to use a different browser.

Alternative option would be to add Pogo to your trusted site list. If you wish to do so, please follow the steps in the spoiler below:

Spoiler

1. Open Control Panel

2. Go to Internet Options

3. Select the Security tab and highlight the Trusted sites icon

4. Click the Sites button and www.Pogo.com and select add (make sure that 'Require server verification' is unticked)

Let us know if you have any other questions.
- Kristi

Message 2 of 5 (677 Views)

★ Novice

/I have Windows 10 OS and tried every available browser and still cannot show typed letters in Crossword Cove.  I've even added pogo to my security tabs (must be www.https which pogo doesn't have).  Added it anyway.  Cleared cache on all browsers and have updated all software on my OS.

Still not showing typed letters.  This problem has been going on for years and Pogo has done nothing to correct the situation.

what's up?

Message 3 of 5 (443 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @pttxtuell,

Sorry to hear that you have been having trouble with Crossword Cove.

Which browsers did you try exactly? Is your browser zoom set to 100%? Could you please post your System info for the browser you tried?

Your System Information - Available HERE . Please copy the info using each browser you tried.

SysInfo.JPG

Thanks,

EA_Mage

Someone answered your question? Hit that 'Accept as Solution' button.

You like a post? 'XP' button is your friend.

Message 4 of 5 (402 Views)

★ Novice

I've discovered a way to play Crossword Cove with the letters actually showing up when I type.  I downloaded the latest version of Firefox and then updated my Java and Adobe products.

I closed the browser and reopened it and tried playing the crossword game.  I worked find.

I had tried every other browser and none worked.  Only Firefox.  Download at "Mozilla.org".

Spoiler
Typed letters now show up in Crossword Cove.
Message 5 of 5 (243 Views)