[Info Gathering] Jungle Gin: Game freezes after winning

by Just4FunThisTyme

Original Post

Re: [Info Gathering] Jungle Gin: Game freezes after winning

★★★ Newbie

I purchased a jungle gin badge with my gems and now it wont let me play the game the game loads fine but it does not let me pick up

any cards, or dicscard or play the game..HELPPPPPO

Message 21 of 31 (611 Views)

★ Novice

You have version 24,0,0,186 installed

Browser = Google Chrome 51.0.2704.79
Cookies Enabled? = true
Do Not Track = undefined
Resolution = 1920 x 1080
OS = WindowsUnknown Version
Flash version = 24.0.0
Java Versions installed =

Clearing the flash did not solve the problem, even with restarting the computer.

Message 22 of 31 (608 Views)

★ Novice

When I had the problem I was playing for two separate badges.  Once I won one of the badges the game suddenly started to allow me to play another hand when I won one. 

Message 23 of 31 (593 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Flash Version:  You have version 24,0,0,186 installed

Your System Information - Available HERE 

SysInfo.JPG

I have used all browsers (Internet Explorer 11, Firefox and Google Chrome) and it does the same thing with both.  Sometimes when playing my husband, we each have to leave the room after each hand as one of us doesn't get to see the cards being dealt.  This is my alternate account, I have already reported this as JamiJayKay; I have not received any information of when this is going to get fixed, nor have I seen anything but more people adding their information... what are you going to do with this info and when will it be done please?

Message 24 of 31 (560 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this same issue with Jungle Gin and I found out I must change the screen resolution back to 100% instead of Zoom 125% and greater.  It won't deal a hand in spades or canasta either if the resolution is set higher than 100.  Setting the screen resolution to 100 stopped all these issues.  You can go to your browser settings and change the Zoom to 100% if it has been set to a different setting

angelbabyann_

Message 25 of 31 (526 Views)

★★★ Novice

1. a. Your Flash Version: 

You have version 24,0,0,186 installed

1. b. Your System Information:

I checked and I have Windows 10 House Edition on this laptop.

Browser = Google Chrome 55.0.2883.87
Cookies Enabled? = true
Do Not Track = null
Resolution = 1366 x 768
Flash version = 24.0.0

2. Internet Connection and Provider:

Cable/Suddenlink Communications, Inc.

3. Anti-Malware:

I checked and my laptop says that it has both Avast Anti-Virus, and Windows Firewall w/Advanced Security on it.

I have also had the freezing happen while trying to play on my daughter's laptop - it has Windows 10 and McAfee Firewall on it.

4. I always access Pogo through Google Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge by going directly to Pogo.com. I prefer Chrome over the other 2.

5. I have had the "Freezing Deck" happen while playing with BOTH - another LIVE Pogo player, or playing by myself in a private room with the Computer Bot.

I have NOT played or tried playing a Rated game as I don't care for them.  

My screenname disappears from the table seat that I am playing at right after I win the hand and the deck "Freezes". This happens whether or not I am playing with a Live Pogo Player or Computer Bot. After the cards freeze, the Live Pogo Player cannot  see your typing to them - you type, but it disappears out of the chat after you click submit.

6. I have had the "Freezing Deck" happen whether I have animation or no-animation items in my mini.

Whenever the "Freezing Deck" stops and nothing will make it work, the animated mini items WILL continue to move as does the Jungle Gin butterfly.

***PLEASE NOTE*** - I am also one of the Club players that has their Mini stuck on the same picture from 3 or 4 weeks ago for the Forum, Small picture at the top of the screen, etc..

Message 26 of 31 (503 Views)

★★★ Newbie

1. Requested info:

You have version 24,0,0,194 installed

Browser = Google Chrome 55.0.2883.87
Cookies Enabled? = true
Do Not Track = null
Resolution = 1536 x 864
Flash version = 24.0.0

1. Internet Connection and Provider (Cable, DSL, Dial-up FiOS): Example FiOs/Frontier - FIOS Frontier (was Verizon FIOS previously)

1. 3Anti-Malware (Anti-virus, Firewall, Anti-adware, anti-spyware): ExampleAVG - Vipre and Malawarebytes - also windows defender seems to be running as well - hope they don't conflict!

1. How do you access Jungle Gin (Pogo.com, Facebook, desktop shortcut,  via a backdoor link) - Pogo.com

1. Are you playing against a human, and if you are are you playing a rated game? - I try not to play humans and always either play the bots or set my game to private and do not replace bots with humans, however, when the game freezes after I go gin or win a hand (this is in Firefox - I cannot pick up cards in Chrome), and I refresh it to get it working again, that setting goes out the window and suddenly, despite my wishes and settings, I am playing a person. It is VERY disconcerting for me. 

As I rarely, and against my will in most cases, play humans, I never have played a rated game. That is not to say I will not start, but for the purpose of what is needed here, the answer is no. 

1. Are you using either an animated badge or mini items for your in game icon? - I am using either, and frankly (and I know this sounds counter intuitive), I think the game works a little better when I am wearing an ANIMATED badge, and not the other way around. A friend told me about the 'don't wear an animated mini' thing, and  I translated that to mean badge, but did BOTH - changed my mini (see mini snapshots) to a non animated one as well as my badge (which happens to be non animated now and I cannot even pick up a card in chrome); So far, nothing has helped this problem in chrome, and I sincerely hope you can solve it. 

Also, I am playing in Firefox quite a bit (games like Jungle Gin, any game that needs full screen, and of course, all Java games) and for some reason the game board will not fully populate its box on the page, so is smaller than the possible size available on the page. Is there a way for me to correct this? my system updates Firefox automatically, which I have mixed feelings about, but for your purposes, I always have the latest update. If you need info, please let me know. The chances that I will come back here are slim, so if you wish to reach out even if to send me a link to wherever you would like me to respond, that would be great, Just use the email I have on file at Pogo. 

Thank you! 

Lainie7777

Message 27 of 31 (483 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You have version 24,0,0,194 installed

Browser = Safari 10.0.1
Cookies Enabled? = true
Do Not Track = null
Resolution = 1920 x 1080
OS = Mac OS X 10.12.1(Puma)
Flash version = 24.0.0
Java Versions installed = 1.5.0

I have cable, play bots using animation on mini

Message 28 of 31 (426 Views)

★★ Novice

Update on Game Freezing After Winning :

I don't know what changed, but I was able to do four separate challenges without getting a single freeze after winning the hand. Two were done using IE browser, and 2 using Firefox. I did notice that I did not get that blip of the Challenge screen like I did when my hands froze up.

Message 29 of 31 (415 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You have version 24,0,0,221

installed Browser = Firefox 51.0
Cookies Enabled? = true
Do Not Track = unspecified
Resolution = 1024 x 819
Flash version = 24.0.0
Java Versions installed = 1.8.0_121

pogo.com against robots