I cant get into a game room

by AbC4944a2725228

Original Post

I cant get into a game room

★ Novice

I've been playing for a long time now.  Usually first class solitaire, or mahjong.   Tonight I can't get either one to open the game rooms I usually go to.

nothing happens.   Your scan shows everything is fine.  I usually clear my cache before I play.  (And NO I am NOT clearing cookies OR history so don't even suggest it.)

Nothing on my end has changed.   Tried relaunching safari several times now.  Nothing.

Message 1 of 9 (821 Views)

Re: I cant get into a game room

★★★ Newbie

EXACTLY !!! Same here.... I can get to the site of the games but can't click into any of the games !!! VERY frustrating ! I play solitaire ..poker --

wordox and cannot get past the list of the rooms.  I am diabled and depend on this for entertainment. Have been a member for over 15 YEARS !!

Message 2 of 9 (798 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@OldSpy4                           @AbC4944a2725228

Checkout this thread from Pogo forums:

http://games-forum.pogo.com/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=168456

you will need to be signed into your pogo account to view that link from

here.

That is only one of about 7 threads on those forums about the problem

Message 3 of 9 (790 Views)

★ Novice

I actually found live chat.  After the usual BS they always hand you about clearing cache, check this that and the other….  yea I do that.  Used their own checker, copied the all clear and pasted it.   Also if I click play, the game actually works fine.  It's just the chat rooms I can't get into.   (Main reason I play here.)

FINALLY they are "escalating the case."   I should hear back soon I hope.

I told them, one of the game rooms I use is usually darn near full.  Only 15 people in there at the time so clearly there is a problem.

After he signed off, I tried with firefox (which I almost NEVER use.)    Well… ha.   Found some script error, asked if I wanted to debug it (which makes no sense, how could I debug their site?)

Anyway I clicked no, then it said it would not run on my outdated flash,  but firefox lets me click run anyway and that worked.  (so ok, my geek daughter actually found a way to disable apples nonsense of blocking anything from working every time flash updates.  Which seems like every few hours.)

But eventually I really do have to update it.   SO just did.  Restarted safari, and it still won't work.    It will work on firefox though, but only after I go around all the warnings about bad scripts.

So clearly something on their end.  Lets hope I can convince the next level up that I'm not a moron, that it worked fine yesterday, and this morning, and I have changed nothing.  Someone on pogo kicked out the plug.    lol.  

Message 4 of 9 (781 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm a Pogo Original...so I do know how my computer needs to be configured to play games on Pogo.

I too have a Mac.  Everything was fine yesterday, today I'm experiencing the same problem.  I even trashed my Java plugin

and downloaded fresh because the compatibility scan said my Java was out of date.  Welll.....it wasn't.  I keep it disabled

unless needed to play a game.  I clear my Flash cache, browser cache and cookies multiple times a day--every time I

change what I'm doing / websites, quit my browser and relaunch for extra security and to prevent data collectors from

following me everywhere I go.   That said....

All day today, starting early  this am, I too cannot get the links for chat rooms to work. The only way to enter a game

is to use the "START GAME": button --if one is present --and they aren't on all games.  Since the only thing that's been

updated, but really wasn't, is the re-download & installation of Java, this is something you guys have done.

Please fix. If can't play with friends, might as well play at some other website for free.

Message 5 of 9 (761 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@RickiaMc

Checkout this thread from Pogo forums:

http://games-forum.pogo.com/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=168456

you will need to be signed into your pogo account to view that link from

here.

That is only one of about 7 threads on those forums about the problem

Message 6 of 9 (756 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been playing Pogo games for a long time.  Now all of a sudden I can't play any games at all.  I get to the window and when I click to begin the game nothing happens.  What gives?

Message 7 of 9 (649 Views)

★★ Novice
I can not get to any of my pogo games
Message 8 of 9 (514 Views)

★★ Novice

Message 9 of 9 (513 Views)