Re: Removal of banner, "www.justbounce.me/banners" and scroll bar

by MLadyD7

Original Post

How do I remove a banner, "www.justbounce.me/banners" from appearing above the pogo home page which prevents me from seeing the whole pogo page

★★★ Newbie

Message 1 of 9 (2,252 Views)

Re: How do I remove a banner, "www.justbounce.me/banners" from appearing above the pogo home page which prevents me from seeing the whole pogo page

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Look for a program called GetSavin, uninstall it, it's known to produce the justbounce.me banner, it's advertised as:  GetSavin is your premier browser toolbar that takes care of all your coupon needs! You can also pick up the GetSavin with downloads, I know one such place you can pick this up is a download from CNet. Look through your browsers addons, etc. See the removal instructions below, and you can read more info.

http://www.spyware-techie.com/getsavin-ads-removal-guide

These do not come from pogo.

Let us know!

Thanks!

✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps and Click XP if someone helped! Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 2 of 9 (2,230 Views)

Re: How do I remove a banner, "www.justbounce.me/banners" from appearing above the pogo home page which prevents me from seeing the whole pogo page

Community Manager (retired)

As far as the banners are concerned, it sounds as if you may have malware that's causing this.

Run an anti-malware program, such as Malwarebytes (it's free) and take a look through your add/remove programs for things such as:
Gamevance
Foobar
Dropdowndeals

Things like that often piggyback on things you intend to install, such as toolbars. Always choose the custom install and uncheck what you don't want to add.

It would also be a good idea to run a full regular scan on your anti-virus software.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 3 of 9 (2,229 Views)

Removal of banner, "www.justbounce.me/banners" and scroll bar

★★★ Newbie

Spyhunter did the trick for the banner problem. It cost me $60.00, but it did work. I thought that my scroll bar not functioning was related to the banner. Unfortunately, it wasn't. How do I get my scroll bar to work?

Message 4 of 9 (2,098 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Judi100 wrote:

Spyhunter did the trick for the banner problem. It cost me $60.00, but it did work. I thought that my scroll bar not functioning was related to the banner. Unfortunately, it wasn't. How do I get my scroll bar to work?

Please check your zoom setting, see if that perhaps is the problem

Check your Zoom setting. Try pressing Ctrl & + to zoom in, or Ctrl & - to zoom out, or Ctrl & 0 to reset the zoom to 100%. Here are links for the 3 main browsers.

IE: Zoom in on a webpage
Firefox: How do I use Zoom?
Chrome: Changing text, image, and video sizes

Message 5 of 9 (2,090 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried the zoom thing. It doesn't work. Any other ideas?

Judi

Message 6 of 9 (2,069 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Judi100

Are you talking about the scroll bar in a game? Or?

Here's a link about the regular scroll bar: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-system/scroll-bar-wont-work-anymore/6...

Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------。 ◕‿◕。------------------
✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps and Click XP if someone helped!

Message 7 of 9 (2,064 Views)

★★ Novice

In a game.

Judi

Message 8 of 9 (2,036 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I have searched and searched, this is the only thing I have found that even comes close...

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/817202

Perhaps you could post your problem with the scroll bar in the pogo games forum, and see if anyone else had this issue...

If you do find a solution, please come back & let us know!... I've not seen this problem before ...

Click http://games-forum.pogo.com/

Thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------。 ◕‿◕。------------------
✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps and Click XP if someone helped!

Message 9 of 9 (2,019 Views)