Help us improve Answer HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks
Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Acolyte
Accepted Solution

How do I get rid of Better Surf Ads

It started Monday afternoon while I was trying to play Canasta on Pogo.  Now it appears to have infiltrated my whole computer.  I need it gone

Topics: 151
XP: 2,795
Solutions: 3,638

Re: How do I get rid of Better Surf Ads

The first thing to note is that these don't come from Pogo and have nothing to do with Pogo.

I found quite a lot of articles about this when I searched. This link gives you details of how to manually remove the malware from your computer, so please read this carefully and follow the steps: http://malwaretips.com/blogs/bettersurf-virus-removal/

Hope this helps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Sentinel

First of all Better Surf is not a virus, it is an adware. You will get this when you tried to install some free application in your computer and this is also installed as an add-on. Usually they are called browser hijacker. You can remove this adware by simply following the steps below.

1. Uninstall the program first in your computer: Go to control panel > Click Uninstall a program >Uninstall Better Surf

2. Remove the Better Surf  add-on or extension in your web browser.  Internet Explorer - Open IE - Click on the gear icon then go to "Internet Options" - Go to the advance tab - Click on the "Reset" Button - Tick "Delete personal settings" and then click on reset. This will fix your problem surely. Good luck!

XP: 1,370
Solutions: 319

@Maggiescott00 

Better Surf is also a virus,  If you do not believe me, google it 

type better surf into your search box and see what you find

♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ ♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ ♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ ♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ ♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ Happy Pogoing!
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
If your problem was solved, then, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
If someone’s post has helped, please click the white XP button and award the user with XP. Much Appreciated!
Please note that, I am not an EA employee, just an volunteer AHQ Hero/moderator/helper & Pogo badge chaser
Questions belong in the forums; I do not answer personal messages, except from my fellow helpers