Re: How do I get rid of Better Surf Ads

by Maggiescott00

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do I get rid of Better Surf Ads

★ Newbie

It started Monday afternoon while I was trying to play Canasta on Pogo.  Now it appears to have infiltrated my whole computer.  I need it gone

Message 1 of 4 (772 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

The first thing to note is that these don't come from Pogo and have nothing to do with Pogo.

I found quite a lot of articles about this when I searched. This link gives you details of how to manually remove the malware from your computer, so please read this carefully and follow the steps: http://malwaretips.com/blogs/bettersurf-virus-removal/

Hope this helps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (832 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

The first thing to note is that these don't come from Pogo and have nothing to do with Pogo.

I found quite a lot of articles about this when I searched. This link gives you details of how to manually remove the malware from your computer, so please read this carefully and follow the steps: http://malwaretips.com/blogs/bettersurf-virus-removal/

Hope this helps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 2 of 4 (833 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

First of all Better Surf is not a virus, it is an adware. You will get this when you tried to install some free application in your computer and this is also installed as an add-on. Usually they are called browser hijacker. You can remove this adware by simply following the steps below.

1. Uninstall the program first in your computer: Go to control panel > Click Uninstall a program >Uninstall Better Surf

2. Remove the Better Surf  add-on or extension in your web browser.  Internet Explorer - Open IE - Click on the gear icon then go to "Internet Options" - Go to the advance tab - Click on the "Reset" Button - Tick "Delete personal settings" and then click on reset. This will fix your problem surely. Good luck!

Message 3 of 4 (279 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Maggiescott00 

Better Surf is also a virus,  If you do not believe me, google it 

type better surf into your search box and see what you find

Message 4 of 4 (270 Views)