techinical issue

by stasinski5

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error: fbconnect library is missing (all.js)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi,

I can't get games to load.  I initially had the java error, but I uninstalled and then reinstalled Java, and haven't gotten that error again.  I have tried deleting my cookies (not to be confused with tossing my cookies), and deleted my browsing history.  I have the latest Java and I am using firefox.  This has been happening since the end of July, and is really getting to be more than an inconvenience....  Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Message 1 of 73 (39,243 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: techinical issue

Community Manager (retired)

Hello everyone,

If you are experiencing issues when trying to log in, here are some troubleshooting steps to sign in with you Pogo screen name:

1. Deleting your cookies
    The cookies are used to store some data on your computer so the next time you go to pogo page; it will automatically logs you if the cookie is still there. If it does not work as intended, it is possible that the cookie file encounters a problem, and then you have to delete it.

2. Clearing Your Browser's/deleting Temporary Internet Files
    Clearing your browser cache can fix many common issues with web-based games.
    To proceed, please read this article: Clearing Your Browser's Cache

3. Clearing your Java cache
    Please note: Java cache is different than your Browser cache and  can be a quick and easy fix.

4. Anti-virus, firewall, ad blocking, and pop-up blocking software
    The most common causes of problems that players encounter when playing our games are simply caused by anti-virus, firewall, ad blocking, and pop-up blocking software.In this case, you should refer to the software’s manual or help files for detailed instructions on how to make the desired changes to the software.

View in thread

Message 9 of 73 (41,126 Views)

Re: Games not loading

@DNGreen6666,

I found this thread on the Mozilla support forum which might help:

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/940736

By the way, the person who has been helping you so far (MLadyD7) is a player like yourself, who gives of her time freely to help other players. You might like to remember that when talking about 'you people'. Thank you. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".

View in thread

Message 29 of 73 (8,783 Views)

★★★ Newbie

After starting Firefox in SAFE mode and witnessing the error not occuring, I went through the 5 extensions I have and discovered one called DISCONECT (a privacy plug-in https://disconnect.me/) was causing the issue.

I appreciate all the assistance the forum readers contributed.. especially MLadyD7.

I apologize for my coarseness and sincerely appreciate the help.

View in thread

Message 30 of 73 (8,775 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

I'm adding a little information to this.  I am getting the following error no matter what game I try to get into:

fbconnect library is missing (all.js)

Message 2 of 73 (38,819 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Ok, adding EVEN MORE information to this.

I was looking at your responses, and you claim to have a "solution" in uninstalling the latest java and reinstalling an earlier version.  I did exactly that, and I am STILL having the issue.  Below is a copy of the error message.

[Message edited] I can't get a hold of a customer service representative to resolve the issue.

Game Loading Error

Explanation:

You have encountered an error. Please click here to find out more information that may help you resolve this issue.

Many issues can be resolved by applying some simple maintenance to your browser and Java software. Click here to find out how to help improve the performance of your games and resolve most technical issues.

Pogo games require the Java plugin. To install Java for free, click here.

If you need further assistance, click here to view our Customer Support Help page.

Message 3 of 73 (38,777 Views)

Hello tigergir021975

You mentioned you deleted the cookies but can you please also try to Clear your Java cache?
Please note: Java cache is different than your Browser cache and can be a quick and easy fix. Clearing your Java cache

In addition, to make sure that Java is correctly installed on your computer and your pop-up blockers do not interfere with the game, we recommend to perform two tests so you can verify if this issue is due to one of  these factors or not.

This might also be caused by anti-virus, firewall, ad blocking, and pop-up blocking software.
Please follow this link for guidelines:Pogo Game Loading Issues Fix - Microsoft Security Essentials

We hope this helps you, if not, do not hesitate to post hereto keep us informed about this situation. 

Thank you.

Message 4 of 73 (38,759 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried that, and that didn't work either.  There should have been nothing in the cache anyway, since i uninstalled java and then reinstalled it.  This is more than frustrating, because this is not the first time this has happened, and you can never get a live person to troubleshoot.

Message 5 of 73 (38,739 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'll try bumping this up again, because I am STILL having issues.  It worked for a tiny bit on Saturday night, but stopped working again.  This is absolutely rediculus that you can't seem to troubleshoot for people that are paying for this...

Message 6 of 73 (38,676 Views)
Highlighted

techinical issue

★★★ Newbie

I think that for some reason I was tring to fix a different problem and somehow downloaded some fix-it program.  I have since deleted it but now when I log into Pogo, or when a game is loading I get a white box with --fbconnect(all.js).  I get it for every game I open and also when I open Pogo.  I don't know if it happens to IE because I'm using firefox. 

I'm using Vista Home Premium

32 bit OP

I'm not sure what windows program I'm running

I have been in the pogo forums and U can not believe how many people there are with the same problem.  I don't know why when everyone is having the same issue that Pogo can not fix it or at least give us directions to fix it.  I hope u can help me figure out what....fbconnect(all.js) means and how to get rid of it.

Thank u in advance for your quick response to this help email

Message 7 of 73 (38,627 Views)

★★★ Pro
Hi stasinski5,

Sounds like a bad Javascript code for a Facebook Connect application on Pogo's side. It's likely there's nothing you yourself can do about this issue, so you will have to contact them directly for a fix to the issue.

Good luck!
Message 8 of 73 (38,624 Views)

Hello everyone,

If you are experiencing issues when trying to log in, here are some troubleshooting steps to sign in with you Pogo screen name:

1. Deleting your cookies
    The cookies are used to store some data on your computer so the next time you go to pogo page; it will automatically logs you if the cookie is still there. If it does not work as intended, it is possible that the cookie file encounters a problem, and then you have to delete it.

2. Clearing Your Browser's/deleting Temporary Internet Files
    Clearing your browser cache can fix many common issues with web-based games.
    To proceed, please read this article: Clearing Your Browser's Cache

3. Clearing your Java cache
    Please note: Java cache is different than your Browser cache and  can be a quick and easy fix.

4. Anti-virus, firewall, ad blocking, and pop-up blocking software
    The most common causes of problems that players encounter when playing our games are simply caused by anti-virus, firewall, ad blocking, and pop-up blocking software.In this case, you should refer to the software’s manual or help files for detailed instructions on how to make the desired changes to the software.

Message 9 of 73 (41,127 Views)

Fixing FB library

★ Newbie

Can't play pogo games,,,,,It says, "NO FACEBOOK Library", how do I fix that problem?

Message 10 of 73 (38,526 Views)