Crossword issue

by tofu716_720

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Crossword issue

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Will not allow me to type in words.  I have cleared cache -- restarted -- reloaded page -- dont it all - and nothing works. I am on Safari and everything worked fine until yesterday's update of Jave.

Message 1 of 40 (3,131 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Crossword issue

Community Manager (retired)

Here is an update regarding this issue.

You can also find this message posted by pogo_Maul - Community Manager for Pogo on the pogo forums.

• Mac Typing issue in Crossword Cove.

We know that Mac users are not able to play several of our word games due to a Java issue. We are currently expecting Oracle to release a fix with Java 7u24, which is currently expected sometime in June.

In the meantime for Crossword Cove there is a work around. First you may need to clear your cache. Then you can try clicking on the blue Menu button in the game.

MiniBooger_ provided these great steps to help work around this known Mac issue in Crossword Cove, which we have provided below.

MiniBooger_ wrote:...this works for Macs, but before it worked for me I had to clear my Java Cache. For those that could use some step by step instruction (it may work for PCs too, you will have to test it out):

CLEARING JAVA CACHE

1. Go to Apple > System Preferences > Java. This will bring up the Java Control Panel:

2. While on the General Tab, click on the Settings button beneath Temporary Files. This will bring up another window:

3. Click on the Delete Files button near the bottom and let run. You may notice that there are now 2 Java icons displayed on your dock. When it returns to a single icon, the command is completed.

To make setting changes easier in the future, you may want to add an icon to your system tray:

4: Click on the Advanced Tab. Under Miscellaneous, select "Place Java Icon in System Tray":

5. The icon should now be present as the first icon in your system tray at the top of the screen:

WORKAROUND FOR TYPING INTO CROSSWORD COVE

1. After launching the game, click on the blue icon next to Menu to activate the expanded clue list:

2. Highlight the clue you want in the expanded clue list:

3. The corresponding boxes are now highlighted in the puzzle and you can type in your answer.

I have found that I can still use the space bar to toggle back and forth between Across and Down clues, use my arrow keys and continue typing. However, once I click on the screen for any reason, I can no longer type and have to go back and highlight from the clue list again. ...

View in thread

Message 20 of 40 (1,872 Views)

All Replies

Re: Crossword

[ Edited ]

Here are some suggestions:

1. Make sure the Latest Safari version is installed on your computer
  2. Perform a test with Firefox 2 or later to see if this issue persists or not 
  3. Launch the game in a pop-up window (video tutorial here)
  4. Verify if you can enter a text on the chat

Pogo officially supports the following system requirements (Mac):

• Firefox 2 or later
  • Latest Safari

Note: If the issue persists, please post a message below including the information about your system (Click here and copy/paste the results.)

Thanks.

Message 2 of 40 (3,099 Views)

crossword cove and Java 7.21

★★★ Newbie

crossword cove will not work typing letters after installing new JAVA 7.21.  Also annoying messages to enable java interupts game play in other game.    please fix and advise.

Message 3 of 40 (3,088 Views)

Re: crossword cove and Java 7.21

Can you try the suggestions on the message above and provide the information requested please? Thanks!

Message 4 of 40 (3,080 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am experiencing the same problem: neither crossword cove nor boggle will accept keystrokes.  I double checked using the latest version of firefox and it still won't work, I cannot make the game open as a popup window, and I can chat. 

These are the specs for my system: 

Browser = Safari 6.0.4

Cookies Enabled? = true

Do Not Track = undefined

Resolution = 1440 x 900

OS = Mac OS X 10.8.3(Mountain Lion)

Flash version = 11.7.700

Java Versions installed = 1.7.0_21

Message 5 of 40 (3,028 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Your System Info

Browser = Safari 6.0.3
Cookies Enabled? = true
Do Not Track = 1
Resolution = 1440 x 900
Flash version = 11.6.602

I have followed your suggestions and still cannot use keyboard to enter words in boggle bash
Message 6 of 40 (3,004 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem

Your System Info

Browser = Safari 6.0.4
Cookies Enabled? = true
Do Not Track = undefined
Resolution = 2048 x 1152
Flash version = 11.7.700
Message 7 of 40 (2,992 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Have tried all solutions suggested on here & none of them worked.

Message 8 of 40 (2,906 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Neither Crossword Cove nor Boggle Bash will accept keyboard input. Chat does work.

MacOS 10.7.5

Java 7u21

Safari 6.0.4

All latest versions.

Have tried clearing caches, reinstalling Java, restarting browser and computer.

Your System Info

Browser = Safari 6.0.4
Cookies Enabled? = true
Do Not Track = 1
Resolution = 1280 x 800
OS = Mac OS X 10.7.5(Lion)
Flash version = 11.7.700
Message 9 of 40 (2,890 Views)

Thank you all for your replies.

The Pogo team will investigate this issue and we will update you soon.

According to the first responses here, the issue seems to occur on Mac (operating system) but we will be able to confirm this information after some verifications and more reports.

For players who are affected, please post  your system info in this discussion thread.

Message 10 of 40 (2,799 Views)