Re: Change Pogo Screen name

by Player_vtj77d7u

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Change Pogo Screen name

★★★ Newbie

How can I change my pogo screen name? I have had it for many years, and would like to update it. Thank you

Message 1 of 19 (3,657 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Guide

There's no way to update your screen name without creating a new one.

View in thread

Message 2 of 19 (3,791 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

You can certainly change your password. Click on the 'My Account' link and select 'edit' under Password.

However, it's not possible to change a screen name. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".

View in thread

Message 5 of 19 (3,724 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide

There's no way to update your screen name without creating a new one.

Message 2 of 19 (3,792 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I didn't want to create a new account with being a member for so long. I just wanted to update it since I created the account when I was in my teens, and now as an adult it seems so childish. lol

Message 3 of 19 (3,578 Views)

★★★ Newbie

want to change id and password without losing my accumulated points....how???  possible???

Message 4 of 19 (3,518 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

You can certainly change your password. Click on the 'My Account' link and select 'edit' under Password.

However, it's not possible to change a screen name. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 5 of 19 (3,725 Views)

★★ Novice

I hope that WILL work. thanks though. Standard smile

Message 6 of 19 (3,478 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Sure! You can change your password, just not your Screenname (ID)

You are very welcome Standard smile

Message 7 of 19 (3,474 Views)

★★★ Newbie

As a pogo member over many years I had changed my screen name but when they revamped the website merging with yours they changed my screen name without my consent, and I have been fighting with this issue for years.  There should be no reason why we cannot change our screen names.  There have been times when someone stalks your through rooms for months on end and there is no way to change your name without losing your membership, coins, bought items from the mini store, and all your tokens already won.  I know that it is not impossible as I have a degree in computer forensics and know that it is just a matter of changing the programming under the secure section of the member in the same area as the password changing options.  It would be a very welcomed improvement in the programming of the site.

Message 8 of 19 (3,362 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You are right - they need to update this site for more efficiency since I know myself and others have problems all the time with no results. Maybe this is what we are to expect from a paid site but I don't think so. Yes we have choices but we like being at Pogo but it can be made easier for the paying customers to move around, not having games play, changing our name so stalkers can't chace us and for God's sake make it so all games can be made to full screen.

Message 9 of 19 (3,144 Views)

★ Novice

WHY CANT WE CHANGE OUR SCREEN NAME  WITH OUT LOSEING ANY THING ITS NOT FAIR I HAVE HAD SOME TROUBLE WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE IT BUT I DONT WANT TO LOSE ALL MY POINTS THAT I WORK HARD TO GET  TY  JFB1942

Message 10 of 19 (3,052 Views)