Re: Can't get Phlinx II to load

by lwgosselin

Original Post

Can't get Phlinx II to load

★★★ Newbie

I've tried several times since Phlinx II was released and I can't get it to load. It takes forever trying to load, goes a screen or two then freezes.

I play on chrome using a PC with Win7. The troubleshooter has scanned my system and the only error is that Java isn't installed or enabled, which is normal for Chrome.

Suggestions...?

Message 1 of 4 (314 Views)

EA Staff

Hello @lwgosselin,

Do you have issues with other HTML5 games (Poppit!Bingo, Cookie Connect etc.)?

In general I would recommend clearing your browser cache (cookies and cache, but no need for browser history):  http://answers.ea.com/t5/Pogo/Clearing-your-Browser-Cache/m-p/4622044#M118548

I would also recommend try the steps in the following post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Pogo/HTML5-games-troubleshooting/m-p/6016864/highlight/true#M164077

Let us know how you get on.
- Kristi

Message 2 of 4 (306 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Phlinx II doesn't load in Chrome but it does in IE.

Poppit Bingo works on Chrome. It's slow to load but it does.

I tried it in IE and it works there too.

Cookie Connect freezes up trying to load in Chrome. It slowly loads the chat room but can't load the game.

I tried it in IE and it'll load as far as the how to play screen then gets stuck on the animation with no buttons to start the play.

Boy...the game is a resource hog. It eats up a lot of memory. Is there a way to make them run more efficiently?

Most people have older machines. Mine is 5 year old but I bought it for my business and IT development.

Looks like the new html5 games work best on newer machines. That's too bad.

Message 3 of 4 (299 Views)

EA Staff

Hello @lwgosselin,

The HTML5 can indeed be quite demanding when it comes to memory. If you have an older computer, then closing down all background process and using only one tab is recommend. 

As for the game not working consistently on browsers, I have found that they tend to have more issues with IE then Chrome, but Chrome extensions/add-ons can cause some issues. Try disabling Chrome add-ons and make sure to regularly clear the cookies and cache.

Let us know how you get on.
- Kristi

Message 4 of 4 (292 Views)