CRIPES

by nygcolts2012

Original Post

Accepted Solution

CRIPES

★ Novice

I keep getting the CRIPES screen and then get kicked out of the game. Why does this happen and how do I correct it?

Message 1 of 14 (1,495 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: CRIPES

Community Manager (retired)

@nygcolts2012 

Most of the time "Cripes!" Errors are simply caused by anti-virus, firewall, ad blocking, and pop-up blocking software.

The easiest way to determine if one or more of these is the cause of the problem is to simply disable them and see if the problem goes away. If the problem goes away, then the next step is to figure out how to configure the software to still protect your system without preventing you from playing our games.

In this case, you should refer to the software’s manual or help files for detailed instructions on how to make the desired changes to the software.

View in thread

Message 3 of 14 (1,598 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

what games are you trying to load?

if it is a java game, at the moment

it means your java update did not update

correctly.

I had the same problem.  took me 6-7 

tries to get the new update downloaded 

correctly.

Message 2 of 14 (1,463 Views)

@nygcolts2012 

Most of the time "Cripes!" Errors are simply caused by anti-virus, firewall, ad blocking, and pop-up blocking software.

The easiest way to determine if one or more of these is the cause of the problem is to simply disable them and see if the problem goes away. If the problem goes away, then the next step is to figure out how to configure the software to still protect your system without preventing you from playing our games.

In this case, you should refer to the software’s manual or help files for detailed instructions on how to make the desired changes to the software.

Message 3 of 14 (1,599 Views)

★ Novice

turned mine off and still games boot me out with cripes

Message 4 of 14 (1,431 Views)

@sheila5096kI 

Please check out this suggestion: 

Experiencing a “Cripes” error when loading a Flash game? Try switching out your Favorite Badge Icon.

Sometimes animated badges (such as the current Easter badge) can cause game conflicts.

Lets us know if the games load after changing your badge.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 5 of 14 (1,404 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Everyone is experiencing this issue. I was in Hog Heaven slots and everyone in the room has been getting booted with Cripes errors since last night! This is a pogo issue not a customer. Pogo please fix this issue! Lots of angry people! We have uninstalled and reinstalled. We have checked our plug ins and still this is continuing! Help!

Message 6 of 14 (1,388 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i go into hogs heaven slots and i get knocked out in no time.. continuly cripes error .... ive seen alot have this problem and it gets very irritating.. this has happened now 2 days.. April 6th and April7th.. WHYYYYYYYYY???? GET THIS FIXED PLEASE NOW

Message 7 of 14 (1,383 Views)

★★★ Newbie

And we pay for this *!!!! Pogo has really changed over the years and it is definitely not for the good!!!!

Message 8 of 14 (1,376 Views)

@wandawayne 

Please check out this suggestion: 

Experiencing a “Cripes” error when loading a Flash game? Try switching out your Favorite Badge Icon.

Sometimes animated badges (such as the current Easter badge) can cause game conflicts.

Lets us know if the games load after changing your badge.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 9 of 14 (1,370 Views)

★★ Novice

I and many other players have been experiencing the the problem. Every day for the past 3 weeks I get booted from Spades with the CRIPES! window. This is a Pogo problem, Not a customer or tech issue on our end. Pogo Needs to address this issue!!!

Message 10 of 14 (1,164 Views)