CANASTA - red threes not being counted

by KBrown3920

Original Post

Accepted Solution

CANASTA - red threes not being counted

★★ Novice

First.............I think it is a shame that people can not contact Tech Support without doing mind numbing searches for an hour.  You need an easier contact support system.  I am paying money to play the games that I can't make work right on my own.  I need you.

My red three have not been counting for months.  I enjoy playing the game, but am getting tired of not advancing in rank.  

Please tell me what I can do to fix the problem if the problem is on my end.  

Thank you for your help, I hope,  

Kathie Brown    (kbrown3920)

Message 1 of 7 (919 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: CANASTA - red threes not being counted

Community Manager (retired)

@KBrown3920 

What rank are you currently? I know that for ranks 46-50 you need 1,000 Red 3's to advance - after that it's back down to 100 / 200 until rank 90, so it's a major grind to get some of these ranks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (982 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

@KBrown3920 

What rank are you currently? I know that for ranks 46-50 you need 1,000 Red 3's to advance - after that it's back down to 100 / 200 until rank 90, so it's a major grind to get some of these ranks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 2 of 7 (983 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@KBrown3920 

EA_Stephen is correct, some ranks take longer to reach than others, here's the breakdown of how many red 3s are required for each rank:

1 thru 45: 100
46: 1500  
47 thru 50:  1000
51 thru 70:  100
71 thru 90:   200
91 thru 100: 1000
101 thru 120: 200

If you set your game options to show hints, you'll be able to click on the rank icon in the game to see how many red 3's are needed to reach your next rank.

Hope this helps, Just

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To easily locate your posts just click on your screen name then select HQ Profile.
If an answer has helped you, please click accept solution as it may help others with the same issue.
Please note that, I am not an EA employee, I'm just a volunteer helper on AHQ.

Message 3 of 7 (900 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi........My red 3's count is not there.  It will not tell me how many I have accumulated in this rank.  I am at rank 120 or 128 I don't remember.  It just plain and simply will not give me a count.  I can ask it and it does nothing.

Message 4 of 7 (886 Views)

★★ Novice

I am at rank 120.  The one with the old victrola type recond player..  I believe it requires 200 red 3's. Ok, now this is what happens.  When I poke my rank button, it does nothing.  It should tell me how many red 3's I have for that rank.  WRONG.  Nothing.  I have been playing like this for several months not knowing how or to whom I could complain or report this to.  Thank you for your interest.

Message 5 of 7 (880 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@KBrown3920 

The purpose of the rank button is to show how many red 3s you will need to reach your next rank, the reason it's not showing you anything is because you have ranked out. Rank 120 is the last rank available in Canasta.  Congratulations to you for reaching it! Confusedmileyhappy:  

Hope this helps, Just

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To easily locate your posts just click on your screen name then select HQ Profile.
If an answer has helped you, please click accept solution as it may help others with the same issue.
Please note that, I am not an EA employee, I'm just a volunteer helper on AHQ.

Message 6 of 7 (869 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you to all the kind people who have helped me!  I feel so dumb.......

Message 7 of 7 (849 Views)