Billing

by DealerDonna

Original Post

Billing

★★ Novice

I just got charged $1.00 on my credit card from Pogo.  I did not order any gems or games.  I had to change my credit card acct. to a different card.  Please tell me that Pogo doesn't charge you for changing your credit card?  When they bill you for something, they should at least tell you what they are billing you for.  It's not the money but the principal of it.

Message 1 of 2 (97 Views)

Re: Billing

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

That's like a temporary "holding" fee when your card is being validated for acceptance.

"In order to ensure that your subscription fee is correctly debited from your account & that your gameplay

continues uninterrupted, our billing system sends out a pre-authorization & places a hold on your account

in the amount of your subscription fee (five to six days before your scheduled billing).

Keep in mind that if your subscription charge were to fail, your account would be suspended. The primary

reason for the pre-authorization process is so we can notify you if your subscription is in danger of suspension

before your billing date arrives.  Your bank could also potentially have placed your payment into a holding queue, which should be returned after approximately 10 days...."

This small charge is temporary & is required to confirm that your card details are valid & the information you have entered is correct. Be sure to check your full statement later for any discrepancies or errors.

This charge should be refunded to your credit/debit card within 5 to 7 days.

This is a usual & common business practice for many companies.

Pogo Billing FAQs:  http://help.ea.com/en/article/why-was-my-credit-card-charged-1-when-i-set-up-my-account/

Message 2 of 2 (86 Views)