pogo games corrupted

by texnan6

Original Post

pogo games corrupted

★★★ Newbie

seems as though site is corrupted, i get all kinds of advertising during games, than games freeze???

Message 1 of 3 (124 Views)

Re: pogo games corrupted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@texnan6 

checkout this for malware:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Pogo/Unexpected-Ads-You-May-Have-Adware/m-p/2974370#M59974

Check your loaded programs and see what is loaded that should not be there.

Are you using any extensions or add-ons?  Extra tool bars?  that is where the malware comes

from, but dumping it can be a hassle.

Message 2 of 3 (119 Views)

Re: pogo games corrupted

Hero (Retired)

@texnan6 

Those ads are not coming from Pogo. If you're getting advertisements as a Club Pogo member then it's possible that you have Adware or Malware on your computer.

Here's a  link to a detailed article in Pogo News which you should read, it has troubleshooting steps to resolve this:

http://news.pogo.com/pogo-tech-tips-unexpected-ads-you-may-have-adware/  (you will  need to be signed into Pogo to access the link)

For future reference, it's standard practice for companies to include any variety of other unneeded "free" programs such as toolbars and "deal" programs along with what you expected in the (recommended) full download installs, for example,Java, Flash, and even anti-virus programs carry such add-ons. In order to avoid downloading these additional add-ons, always choose the custom install and uncheck the additional content.

Thanks, Just

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To easily locate your posts just click on your screen name then select HQ Profile.
If an answer has helped you, please click accept solution as it may help others with the same issue.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Please note that, I am not an EA employee, I'm just a volunteer helper on AHQ.

Message 3 of 3 (118 Views)