java - pogo

by whispersweetnoth

Original Post

java - pogo

★★★ Newbie

How do I fix java so that I can again play card games on pogo?

Message 1 of 6 (226 Views)

Re: java - pogo

Community Manager (retired)

@whispersweetnoth 

Which games are you having the problems in? 

Some card games - Jungle Gin and Canasta are now Flash based, so Java doesn't come into it. 

What's happening in the games you have problems with? Any error message? 

Could you also click on the following link and then ‘copy and paste’ the displayed results into a reply here?

This will give me a general overview on your computer set-up and hopefully give me some pointers to help.

http://systeminfocheck.appspot.com/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 2 of 6 (207 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem on 2 different comps. It started after the last java update. One is a desktop HP Pavilion 23 touchsmart. Browser=Netscape 5, Cookies Enabled?=true, Do not track=undefined, Resolution=1920 x 1080, OS = WindowsUnknown Version, Flash version = 14.0.0,  Java Versions installed = 1.7.0_65.  The other comp is an Acer laptop. Browser = Netscape 5,Cookies Enabled? = true, Do Not Track = undefined, Resolutiom = 1366 x 768, OS = Windows 7, Flash version = 14.0.0, Java Versions installed = 1.7.0_65.      The message I get comes when I try to go to a table in gin, canasta and dominoes. The message is " Oops! The game launch timed out. Please try again." No matter how many times I try to relaunch it still times out.  I sure hope you can help me. I miss playing gin.

Message 3 of 6 (174 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@whispersweetnoth 

It may be a modem/router problem. Log out of Pogo, turn off your computer, unplug your modem. Wait about 30 seconds. Then first turn back on your modem. Wait until all its lights indicate it's fully running. Then turn your computer back on, go into your browser, and log back into Pogo.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 4 of 6 (172 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

there is an another update to java today August 5th, too

see this link for information about that:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Pogo/TECHNICAL-GUIDE-Updating-JAVA-step-by-step-guide-Version-7/td-p/325828...

Message 5 of 6 (166 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This didn't help. Nor did the java update. I have also uninstalled flash player and reinstalled. I'm at a loss for what to do now. I sure do miss playing gin on pogo. Does anyone else have a suggestion?

Message 6 of 6 (149 Views)