how to report chat abuse

by jrcat48

Original Post

Accepted Solution

how to report chat abuse

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I've tried reporting it using the the drop down menu in the chat bar.  The "report" button is grayed out.  There is a player in Tri Peaks that sits in the same room every single day, using very foul language and calling the women 4 letter words starting with "c" and calling the players from the UK "Limeys".  Yesterday he made a statement that one woman in the chat room liked to play with little boys, if you get my drift. 

I've tried several times to report this person with no success as the button doesn't work.  This player needs to go.  His name is [Removed - Admin.] and he sits in the Amazonian Wild Card room in Tri Peaks.

Message 1 of 7 (420 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: how to report chat abuse

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@jrcat48

To expand a bit on the advice provided by @EA_Barry

1. Click on this link Contact Us    (this link is already set for Pogo members so it will save you a couple of steps)

2. Where it says: ’Select a topic' choose Report concerns or harassment' from the drop-down list 

3. Where it says: 'What type of issue are you having?' choose 'Report player'.

4. Click underneath the heading:  ‘Tell us a little more about your issue', give a very brief description of the issue, the game, Chat Room name and screen name of member you're reporting, 

5. Click the ‘Next’ button and depending on your geographical location and the time of day, you'll see the available contact options; Live Chat, Call Back or Email.

Please post back if you run into any problems.

Just  Image

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tip: To easily locate your posts click on the drop-down indicator next to

your screen name at the top right of the page, then select Profile.

If an answer has helped you, please click accept solution as it may help others.
If you're happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
AHQ volunteer helper and moderator. I am not an EA employee.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (409 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@jrcat48

Please see the following article for info on how to report abuse or harassment in Pogo games:

http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-do-i-report-abuse-or-terms-of-service-violations-on-pogo/

barry.png
Message 2 of 7 (411 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@EA_Barry                             @EA_Kristi

This was grayed out, and a report could not be made as you posted.

The way around that is send me the name of that player so I can

check it out and I report it back with pictures.

Message 3 of 7 (407 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I've tried to do this. The report button is grayed out. I select the player's name as requested, show the reason, and the only option available is to cancel. For some reason it isn't working, and something needs to be done.
Message 4 of 7 (402 Views)

Community Manager

@jrcat48@ccboots56

If the usual reporting functionality is not working you can always report a player directly to an Advisor.

You can use the following link to contact an Advisor: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?category=demo-beta

barry.png
Message 5 of 7 (387 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@jrcat48

To expand a bit on the advice provided by @EA_Barry

1. Click on this link Contact Us    (this link is already set for Pogo members so it will save you a couple of steps)

2. Where it says: ’Select a topic' choose Report concerns or harassment' from the drop-down list 

3. Where it says: 'What type of issue are you having?' choose 'Report player'.

4. Click underneath the heading:  ‘Tell us a little more about your issue', give a very brief description of the issue, the game, Chat Room name and screen name of member you're reporting, 

5. Click the ‘Next’ button and depending on your geographical location and the time of day, you'll see the available contact options; Live Chat, Call Back or Email.

Please post back if you run into any problems.

Just  Image

Tip: To easily locate your posts click on the drop-down indicator next to

your screen name at the top right of the page, then select Profile.

If an answer has helped you, please click accept solution as it may help others.
If you're happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
AHQ volunteer helper and moderator. I am not an EA employee.

Message 6 of 7 (410 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you!

Message 7 of 7 (363 Views)