club pogo and getting ad banner at top of all windows

by qtepie1622

Original Post

club pogo and getting ad banner at top of all windows

★★★★★ Newbie

I can't access full view of games to play.  Banner at the top of the page won't allow me.  Therefore I can't see the enter button.

Message 1 of 3 (191 Views)

Re: club pogo and getting ad banner at top of all windows

Community Manager (retired)

As far as the ad banners are concerned, it sounds as if you may have picked up some malware that's causing this. Those banners are not from Pogo.

Run an anti-malware program, such as Malwarebytes (it's free) and take a look through your add/remove programs for things such as:
Gamevance
Foobar
Dropdowndeals

Yontoo

Browse 2 Save

Things like that often piggyback on things you intend to install, such as toolbars. Always choose the custom install and uncheck what you don't want to add.

It would also be a good idea to run a full regular scan on your anti-virus software.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 2 of 3 (189 Views)

Re: club pogo and getting ad banner at top of all windows

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Do as eastephen advised in his post above, but if malwarebytes, or other anti malware program  doesn't help, Also look for entries in your Add/remove programs that you don't recognize. Remove foobar, Gamevance, Yontoo, Shop at Home & Browse 2 Save, Getsavin,  if you show them listed.

Here's a link about malware/adware: http://games-forum.pogo.com/viewtopic.php?f=214&t=48142  

Also, if you don't recognize a certain listing such as ShopAtHome in your Add/remove programs,

just Google it to find out information.  When you've determined it's unwanted, remove it & reboot.

Some malware sweepers may not catch them. They will often come bundled with programs you choose

to download - always opt for a custom download when given that choice! - & could also be added

in program updates such as browsers, existing toolbars, and other auxiliary programs - always choose

to set these programs to "prompt me when updates are available!" rather than automatic updates.

These do not come from Pogo.com.

If you've recently downloaded a program, you could start there.  Good luck!

✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps and Click XP if someone helped! Standard smile

Message 3 of 3 (187 Views)