Original Post

POGO SCAM email

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
From:   mw3214    Add to Friends List  |  Block this Sender  |  Report Abuse
Subject:   Pogo account termination notice
To:   takerswoman68
Received:   Thu 6/20/19

Our system has detected duplicate screen name registered with different email address. According to our privacy policy your Pogo account will be terminated soon,
to confirm and retain your Pogo account contact our customer service: [CM Edit: Removed phone numbers]

This was in my pogo messages, I know who is behind this. They ripped me off for $150.00 The ladies name is LINDA , she answers the phone as pogo support. Her partner who got my money his name is AJAY KUMAR  I have the copy of who my credit card payed if that helps. I want to Nail these two people and turn them in to the people that can bust them. then I won'tm feel like such a fool. Please call me for more info. [CM Edit: Removed personal information] takerswoman68 on pogo CALL BEFORE 2:00PM FRIDAY 06-21.2019 THE PHONE NUMBERS ARE REAL  IN THE MESSAGE I WAS SENT LINDA ANSWERS TO BOTH

Message 1 of 4 (461 Views)

Re: POGO SCAM email

★ Expert
@px7cr8hn , Online scamming is a criminal offense. You can contact the US government. The scammers are probably from outside the US, but if they are not, the federal government can prosecute them.

https://www.usa.gov/stop-scams-frauds

It's good that you reported this here. If you haven't already, click on the "Report Abuse" button in your email to notify EA that way for quicker response by them.
Message 2 of 4 (441 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @px7cr8hn.

Thank you for your concern. This was certainly not EA or Pogo. The way to know if someone is an EA or Pogo employee is if they have the EA_ or Pogo_ in front of their names. Additionally, support for EA and Pogo is completely free and we will never charge to help you out. As @cafedelon stated, I would definitely click the "Report Abuse" option in the FROM line to send that message straight to our Terms of Service team to handle.

If you shared any account information with the people on the phone, I would update your password. Please check out this article for some tips and tricks on account security to make sure no one can access it but you.

If you were charged by someone pretending to be from EA or Pogo, I would contact your bank or financial institution. You will want to ensure your financial information is safe, and that you get your money back.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 3 of 4 (432 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

the phone numbers didn't show in my email i sent you so I'll enter them below:

[CM Edit: Removed personal information]

**Please make sure "Deepak" your EA Support Tech

he helped me tonight with this issue but i forgot to tell him what area that the phone numbers are at. 

Linda the fake pogo support lady uses those 2 numbers. 

"Deepak"  I'd like to shout out "atta-Boy"  I hope he's a male ! lol! if not atta-girl!!

He was so polite , friendly , very knowledgeable and kind and patient. I feel very confident and satisfied knowing 

that he is handled my report and has sent it to the proper people.

thank you again, you all are awesome!

jamey goff 

[CM Edit: Please do not post personal information, such as phone numbers, on the public forums.]

Message 4 of 4 (387 Views)