Loaded Java 7.25 update and tested it; continually get script errors and kicked out of gin, scrabble, bridge etc after a few minutes. Never happened before

by luvzwordsy1

Original Post

Loaded Java 7.25 update and tested it; continually get script errors and kicked out of gin, scrabble, bridge etc after a few minutes. Never happened before

★★★ Newbie

Message 1 of 11 (578 Views)

Re: Loaded Java 7.25 update and tested it; continually get script errors and kicked out of gin, scrabble, bridge etc after a few minutes. Never happened before

Hero (Retired)

We will need a bit more information from you before we can help.

What happens when you try another browser?

Have you cleared the JAVA & FLASH cache in addition to the BROWSER cache?

What exactly is happening when you try to play the game?

What is the error message you get, if any (more details of the exact text please)?

Are any other games loading correctly?

You can test your Java here:     http://www.java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp

Also, please click on the following link and then ‘copy and paste’ the displayed results into a reply here.

This will give us a general overview of your computer set-up and hopefully give us some pointers to help.

http://systeminfocheck.appspot.com/

Can you also please let us know which anti-virus software you are using? 

Message 2 of 11 (577 Views)

Re: Loaded Java 7.25 update and tested it; continually get script errors and kicked out of gin, scrabble, bridge etc after a few minutes. Never happened before

★★★ Newbie

I use aol; IE is my browser, only browser. I don't know how to clear Java cache. Java "help" is not helpful at all. Many many error, all script... referring to specific lines. Java control panel in start menu pops up and  runs constantly. Scrabble causes fewest problems, jungle gin the most. I use webroot. Was never a problem before.

Browser = Microsoft Internet Explorer 10.0(Browser Mode 10, Document Mode 5)
Cookies Enabled? = true
Do Not Track = undefined
Resolution = 1600 x
OS = Windows 8
Flash version = 11.7.700
Java Versions installed =
1.7.0_25

Message 3 of 11 (572 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Message 4 of 11 (571 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you get my reply?  Not clear to me. Answered your questions.

Message 5 of 11 (569 Views)

Hero (Retired)

IE10 can be very problematic, I prefer Chrome on my Windows 8 computer, although I use Firefox on it as well, I use Firefox mostly on my other computers, but I also use Firefox, I avoid IE altogther!...

As a 1st step, clear your browser cache, Click this link How do I clear my web browser cache? - Java for more info.

Clear your java Cache, Click this link How do I clear the Java cache? for instructions.

Clear your Flash Cache as well as set the Global Settings to the proper setting for pogo games, direct links for your convenience below

Troubleshooting for Loading and Lag Issues with Pogo Games (Flash Games)

If you are experiencing any issues with your Pogo games that use Flash, we recommend trying the troubleshooting steps listed below:

Check your Global Storage Settings:

1. Go to the Adobe Flash Player Global Storage Settings panel.
    • The box listing your Global Storage Settings is a tool and not an image. In the box you can apply changes to your settings.
  2. Click on the slider bar and move it all the way to the right (unlimited).
  3. The tool automatically saves your changes so you do not have to worry about navigating away or accepting the changes manually.

Clear your Flash Player Storage:

1. Go to the Website Storage Setting Panel.
    • The box you see is a tool and not an image; it will allow you to make changes if you click on it.
  2. Click on "Delete All Sites"
  3. Once all sites are deleted please try your game again.

After completing the above steps, please reboot your computer, relaunch your browser and relogin to pogo.

These steps need to be done routinely as regular computer maintanence Standard smile

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you are getting an error message, please let us know exactly what it says.

Always try another browser to rule out problems with your current browser.

Often a Clean browser will solve a multitude of problems Standard smile

Let us know how it goes after performing the steps outlined above.

Thanks!

Message 6 of 11 (566 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

By the way, this has nothing to do with Java which is entirely different.

Step 1: Try Another Browser

To make sure that this is a JavaScript error, & not a browser error, first of all try opening your site

in another browser.

---  if the site is not having the same issue in the new browser you know that the error is browser specific

---  if the site is having the same error it is not an error that is specific to one browser

IE behaves vastly differently from other browsers when it comes to JS errors, and reports on them in disparate ways. The first thing to check when facing a problem in IE is if the problem only exists in IE. Also note that the debugging tools built into some IE versions are limited & may not be available.

I'd suggest to disable the javascript notification option in IE if you need to proceed further.

This video demonstrates how to do that:

How to troubleshoot script errors in Internet Explorer video:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308260

Please let us know how you get on & if you require further assistance.  Good luck!

Message 7 of 11 (559 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have spent a week trying to get Java 25 to work and was even told to reinstall 7.21.  I can not play one java game more than one round at a time.  Have been a member many years and am ready to call it quits because help just has you running in circles trying the same thing all the time and nothing is working.  You need to hire people who know what they are doing and can solve the problem.  We pay to play then we cant, is this fair and why should we have to solve the problem anyway we dont run the site.  If you cant run it , shut it down and stop wasting our hard earned money.

Message 8 of 11 (509 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@snuggypup9

Hi There!

Me too! I finally joined Club Pogo in 2001, but was playing on pogo since before Club Pogo existed!

I'm not having any trouble with the new java update, but then again, I didn't have any trouble with the last version.

We will need a bit more information from you before we can help.

What happens when you try another browser?

Have you cleared the JAVA & FLASH cache in addition to the BROWSER cache?

What exactly is happening when you try to play the game?

What is the error message you get, if any (more details of the exact text please)?

Are any other games loading correctly?

You can test your Java here:     http://www.java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp

Also, please click on the following link and then ‘copy and paste’ the displayed results into a reply here.

This will give us a general overview of your computer set-up and hopefully give us some pointers to help.

http://systeminfocheck.appspot.com/

Can you also please let us know which anti-virus software you are using? 

Message 9 of 11 (507 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I dont want to have to do anything else,  I have done it all.  All browsers just stop working after one round of each game and I am not a tech so I dont understand this crap all I know is I am really angry at having to spend so much time in help , when they should have a solution and I shouldnt have to fool with it.

Message 10 of 11 (503 Views)