Badges

by k9Taos

Original Post

Badges

★ Novice

I can on get 4 badges per week, the two on Wednesday and two personal badges for the week.  Why can't I get the free badges, when they say there are hundreds..

Message 1 of 12 (547 Views)

Re: Badges

EA Staff

@k9Taos What exactly do you mean? You earn free badges for playing the games for example for completing an episode in Claire Hart or reaching certain ranks in games. You can check out what badges are available on the 'Find a badge' page.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Message 2 of 12 (534 Views)

★ Novice

I usually get the two Weekly challenges badges. If I go to Badge Central, click on Find a badge , pick a game to play a POGO widow pops open and it says: do you want to activate a challenge.  then it says do you want to add more challenges or do you want to deactivate. I don't have anything to deactivate but can activate either.  If I want to earn more badge I have to pay.  I want to earn the badges that are free.  No matter what I try I cannot get anymore badges.  I do get the Wednesday badge.

Any game I got to play a widow pops up and says you have used your personal badges for the week You have to buy some.

Does this help?

Bev

Message 3 of 12 (515 Views)

★★ Pro

@k9Taos

It is poor wording on the part of Pogo, like most things they word wrong.

Free badges are weekly badges, if you have personal slots to play.

Premium badges and mix n match badges you need to pay gems for those.

Message 4 of 12 (506 Views)

★★★ Novice

I know what k9 taos means... the same thing is happening to me.  It says this on the home page...select a personal challenge...right?
Choose an extra Personal Challenge from hundreds in our Wednesday Challenge Archive!  

We are supposed to have 2 free personal and 2 Wednesday challenge. Well the FREE personal badges are not working! It is coming up with the:

"You have used up all your Personal Challenge slots for this week. Come back on Wednesday for more. If you don't want to wait, you can purchase additional Personal Challenge slots right now." 

I don't know why it's not working for me either K9Taos...sorry.

Message 5 of 12 (493 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Pogo gives you 2 free slots every Wednesday along with the Wednesday Challenges if you want to work on more than 2 personal challenges then you have to purchase additional slots. Hope I helped answering your question.

Message 6 of 12 (479 Views)

★ Novice

That is it exactly.  That deactivate pop up window does not work.  You are right that is what is happening and it has been months.

I tried to get though to EA, not available, no help am I getting.

Glad someone realizes what the problem is. Yahyyyyy.

What is our recourse.  Think I will mail stuff to them.

Thank you for your reply. 

Message 7 of 12 (468 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

@k9Taos From what I can see you have complete 3 badges this week - 'Line it Up Badge' (current Wednesday challenge), 'Out with the Old Badge' and 'Awestruck Badge'. The last 2 of these are old Wednesday challenges and would count as 2 personal challenges completed/used. @OxJARODxO I can see you have completed 1 personal challenge ('Vision Quest Badge' for CLUE), do you have a second one already active?

Are you 2 activating challenges in the 'Challenges' tab below the game? If so unless they are special edition or Mix-n-Match badges count as personal challenges. The best way to check your personal challenges is actually on the front page (right hand side of the screen). I am attaching 2 screenshots that should show you what to look for below. The first screenshot will show 1 complete personal challenge and 1 still active. The second screenshot will show no active personal challenges and none complete.

Let me know if you have further questions!

Message 8 of 12 (457 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Yeah.... I have been on Pogo since 2000... So I kind of know all the idiosyncrasies of Pogo...lol. I have one free Wednesday personal challenge left to activate. I have been trying to activate it since Monday and it refuses to do so. It says I have one left in three different places, (home page, badge page and my album collection page), but when I try to activate it, (I tried from all three, in game also), the pop-up screen appears and says I don't have anymore personal challenges. This is a first for me. I've done all the usual things and everything else is working just fine. It's a real head scratcher and the only theory I can come up with, is it happened because I acquired my level 20 badge in beaker creatures before I activated my second personal badge....maybe??? I would like to have my personal challenge back but if it is to much of a pain before the new Wednesday badges come out then I guess I won't die...lol...but I would like to know for further reference especially if my theory is right because I won't do that again! Thank you for your time...Kelly

Message 9 of 12 (440 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

@OxJARODxO That is indeed very strange and I am sorry we couldn't get it sorted in time of the reset. Could you try right now if you can activate 2 personal challenges?

Message 10 of 12 (423 Views)