A Way with Words - no consonants

by Dahtemba_

Original Post

Accepted Solution

A Way with Words - no consonants

★★★ Newbie

No letter tray on the screen in "A Way with Words".  All I have are the vowels on the board.

Message 1 of 5 (339 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: A Way with Words - no consonants

Hero (Retired)

Hi @Dahtemba_

That is how the game is programmed.

From the How to play tab:

Each game begins with a pristine board, randomly populated with four instances of each vowel (A, E, I, O, U) in several different chip colors (red, green, blue and yellow).

Each turn, you select one of the three letter chips from your tray and place it on the board. Once you place a chip on the board, you can choose to SUBMIT to finish the turn, or CLEAR to pick and place a different letter from your tray.

Once you submit a move, the game will check to see how many words you created. Only words that are three or more letters are counted. You won’t get any extra points for submitting letters that don’t create words, but doing so can help you set up future words.

Don’t be surprised if you get credit for words you didn’t even know you made! Words can be made vertically, horizontally, diagonally, backwards and even overlapping with other words.

You also get points for spelling multiple words at once. For example, the word "are" also doubles as "era" backwards.

You can earn double the points when you make words where all the chips have the same color.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Hope this helps, Just

I am not an employee of either EA or Pogo.
Any advice/instructions I provide regarding Pogo games is based on my own experience as a fellow player.

AHQ is a player-to-player support Community. Please Grant XP if a post was helpful, and select Accept as Solution when a post resolved your issue.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (488 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hi @Dahtemba_

That is how the game is programmed.

From the How to play tab:

Each game begins with a pristine board, randomly populated with four instances of each vowel (A, E, I, O, U) in several different chip colors (red, green, blue and yellow).

Each turn, you select one of the three letter chips from your tray and place it on the board. Once you place a chip on the board, you can choose to SUBMIT to finish the turn, or CLEAR to pick and place a different letter from your tray.

Once you submit a move, the game will check to see how many words you created. Only words that are three or more letters are counted. You won’t get any extra points for submitting letters that don’t create words, but doing so can help you set up future words.

Don’t be surprised if you get credit for words you didn’t even know you made! Words can be made vertically, horizontally, diagonally, backwards and even overlapping with other words.

You also get points for spelling multiple words at once. For example, the word "are" also doubles as "era" backwards.

You can earn double the points when you make words where all the chips have the same color.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Hope this helps, Just

I am not an employee of either EA or Pogo.
Any advice/instructions I provide regarding Pogo games is based on my own experience as a fellow player.

AHQ is a player-to-player support Community. Please Grant XP if a post was helpful, and select Accept as Solution when a post resolved your issue.
Message 2 of 5 (489 Views)

★★★ Newbie
but some of us can't see the tray Frown
Message 3 of 5 (254 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Slinky931   It sounds like you need to reconfigure your browser settings.      ►►► A WAY WITH WORDS ◄◄◄

Message 4 of 5 (229 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No consonants on board tolay. It is a daily challenge.  Help

Message 5 of 5 (179 Views)