Problem moving game from one Android device to another

by wadebear

Original Post

Problem moving game from one Android device to another

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I just can't seem to get this to work.  What am I doing wrong?  I've got the game installed on my new phone (Moto G4 unlocked - no sim) and the Google game center app, but I just can't seem to get my game save from my Android tablet.

More info: When I tap the Game Center Icon and open Achievements it shows my correct achievements, and when I tap the 3 vertical dots and do Settings it shows the correct email address.

Message 1 of 7 (1,108 Views)

Re: Problem moving game from one Android device to another

★★★★★ Novice

Same thing happened to me today, just got  a new galaxy S7, installed PVZ 2, starting me from the beginning. glad i didnt spend any money on this

Message 2 of 7 (1,046 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have the same problem. The game run fine in my old tablet, but I have no data in the new tablet (I installed the game this morning).

And yes, I'm connected with the same g+ account.

~~~ADDED~~~

I'm using android in the 2 tablets, both updated.

~~~MORE~~~

I have searched the ID on each tablet and they are different. Should not they be the same?

Message 3 of 7 (996 Views)

★★★ Novice

What the *???

This the ea suuport reply:

The Google Play achievement system is maintained and operated by Google and unfortunately has no connection to game progress saves.

Typically, when you are signed in to Google Play within the PvZ2 application it saves your Player ID # in-case you need to reinstall the application or move to another Android device. In the case that this system fails, we unfortunately have no way to move a Player ID # (and it's subsequent profiles) on to a device.

If you are missing any purchased plants or upgrades, I will be more than happy to add those to your account, would you please provide me with a detail list of those plants?

Sorry for any frustration that this progress loss has caused.

So, have I lost several years updating everything and no solution?

EA, you can * off !!!!!!!!!!!

Message 4 of 7 (984 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have found a "partial" solution: copy the file Android/data/com.ea.game.pvz2_row/files/No_Backup/pp.dat from the old tablet to the new tablet (I used a file explorer from the store). Now the profile is on the new tablet. But it is a "different" game, there is no synchronization between the two tablets, the changes in one are not reflected in the other. I do not worry because I will only play in the new tablet, and from time to time I will make a backup of the file.

I hope this solution can help you.

Message 5 of 7 (966 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Did the latest update fix this issue?  We have limited bandwidth so I don't want to waste it re-downloading the game on my phone for no reason.

I will be SO glad when we can move somewhere that high speed unlimited internet is available...

Message 6 of 7 (947 Views)

★★★ Novice

No, it does not. If you uninstall the game there is no way to re-sync with your old data. And both EA and POPCAP ignore the users, do not give any kind of solution.

Message 7 of 7 (937 Views)