Community Challenge exceeded personal challenge?

by crazytacofangirl

Original Post

Community Challenge exceeded personal challenge?

★★★ Newbie
In Garden Warfare 2 when participating in the community challenge do your extra vanquishes count towards the community goal? For example this week the challenge is to get 150 bean bomb vanquishes, but if I do more than 150, will they count my additional vaquishes toward the community goal or is there a cap on individual player contributions?
Message 1 of 6 (537 Views)

Re: Community Challenge exceeded personal challenge?

[ Edited ]

Yes.  If everyone only does the minimum, then  we can't get remotely close to earning the third chest.  That relies on many people going way over and above.

Anyway, without wanting to discourage people from trying, it looks like they set the bar too high this time and that we will not achieve the red chest:

http://pvz.comanet.ch

Message 2 of 6 (522 Views)

★★ Guide

Indeed it is a super high goal to achieve.  At this rate, I dont think its attainable, but there is always a chance.  Best to do the "flag of power" in the backyard - the first 3 or 4 waves are hordes of brown coats.  Bomb them there. Dont bother with the 2nd Pirate wave.  Just do the brown coats over and over and over again.

Message 3 of 6 (509 Views)

★★ Apprentice

i only have about 500

Message 4 of 6 (479 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)
While I did Bean Bomb my fair share through Flag of Power there's only so much grind I'm willing to invest there so I simply took to playing more Garden Ops as a Pea Shooter and making liberal use of the Bean Bombs there as well.

Like pretty much every other super specific challenge which has come before it looks like we're just going to miss the last chest, likely because the goal requires a specific kind of grinding which most players just don't sustain for the full four days.
Message 5 of 6 (458 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

It was set too high and the fact that multi-rockets didn't work made the soldier contribution less easy to maximize than the pea shooter (ZPGs can hit multiple opponents but both bean bombs and the multi-rocket have larger AoEs) which hurt us as well. I had around 700 such vanquishes myself, my friend around 500 or so.

Message 6 of 6 (386 Views)