How can I transfer old popcap license for PvZ? Can I find non GOTY PvZ1 for pc?

by UniversalTroll

Original Post

How can I transfer old popcap license for PvZ? Can I find non GOTY PvZ1 for pc?

★★★★★ Newbie

I purchased PvZ 1 from PopCap back in 2009.  I would like to download it again, and still have my original Pop Cap registration code...but the only version i can find to download for PC is GOTY edition.   I'd rather not pay again for a game I already own.  Also, if i try to register that code (redeem it), it doesn't work on EA (not surprsiing).   What can I do to access my old licensed game?  Help.

Message 1 of 7 (2,733 Views)

Re: How can I transfer old popcap license for PvZ? Can I find non GOTY PvZ1 for

Community Manager

@UniversalTroll Hey, did you play on Origin before? If so the game should still be associated with the old account. If you can find the right account (you can try any email addresses you may have used back then) then check the game library. 

If you have no luck with this, you can reach out to support. They can investigate and can help to get things straightened out. 

http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 7 (2,721 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the reply, David.   I bought it direct from popcap, and received a POP******** activation code, which i still have.   I never linked this to my Origin or EA account, so I may have to reach out to tech support.   My EA account (from the days when I used to play SW) is the one i migrated from Origin.

Hopefully tech support can help me.

P.S. Also doesn't help that when I go into the contact help form, PvZ platforms don't include PC?!

Message 3 of 7 (2,714 Views)

Community Manager

In that case you could choose the Origin product option, that should get you where you need to go. We don't see many folks playing the older PvZ game on PC nowadays, so it may have been removed from the menus in a clean up. 

Cheers!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 7 (2,701 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am having a similar problem. I purchases PVZ for Mac in August of 2010 from Popcap. It's been a couple of months since I played it but tonight when I try to play, it is asking for the registration code. I still have it so I input the code and I get the following error: "We apologize, but we couldn't register your game at this time. Please return to your game and retry the registration process. If you are unable to register your game after trying again, please contact PopCap Customer Support."  The link for PopCap Customer Support brings me to you.

Message 5 of 7 (2,696 Views)

Community Manager

@cysurfer000 Hi, reaching out to live support via the help site would be the way to go now. Thanks for the info about the redirect, we'll look into it. 

http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 7 (2,693 Views)

★ Novice

i have a similar problem to the first person which is i have a POP********* code. i am not sure where to go to redeem this code in which i purchased from popcap in 2011.

Message 7 of 7 (2,595 Views)