Re: The sims castaway stories windows 10

by EA_Mai

Original Post

The sims castaway stories windows 10

★★★ Novice

Hello, I have had my PC for over 10 years (I do plan to buy an updated one when I have cash buts alas) and works fine, it was windows 7 but upgraded to windows 10 and can no longer revert back to windows 7.  I had the Sims 2 Castaway stories installed before the update to windows 10 and it worked fine but uninstalled it when I didn't play it.  Years later I find it again and install it in windows 10 but it won't let me past the screen on learning how to play the game, so I tried to load in how to build and the application keeps crashing.  Is there anything i can do fix this?  I have looked for help but it focuses on the sims 2 which isn't a problem as they work fine, 

thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (5,407 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @Pucaroo16,

We can try to make the game run in compatibility mode, that might help.

You would need to right click on the game shortcut and select Properties. That will open a window, go to Compatibility tab and check the option to run the game in compatibility mode for Windows 7. Apply the changes and try to play again, does it work now? Standard smile

-Mai

Message 2 of 4 (5,390 Views)

★★★ Novice

No I have tried that and it didn't work but I am just going to convert back to windows 7 so that will sort the problem, thank you though for helping :D

Message 3 of 4 (5,383 Views)

EA app Team

Sounds like a plan Standard smile  Let us know if you have any other questions.

Have you played the other The Sims Stories games?

-Mai

Message 4 of 4 (5,374 Views)