Re: The sims 2 launcher has stop stopped working

by caitster22

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The sims 2 launcher has stop stopped working

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

When I play the sims 2 Double Deluxe, it's said The sims 2 launcher has stopped working. 

I have windows 7 64bit.

Message 1 of 67 (99,089 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

While not a fix, I did find a workaround.  The accessing the internet in the launcher is causing the problem.  I disabled my network connection and ran the Launcher, no issue, the game started fine.  Then I enabled my network connection, have the internet again and the game still runs.  A pain when I want to play the game, but I can deal with it.  I've been playing Sims 2 for years and don't like the newer versions at all.

View in thread

Message 5 of 67 (101,004 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Good grief. Your post is from August and there are zero replies; thanks for your help, EA.
So, uh, what did you do then?

Mine's doing the same thing all of a sudden and I can't figure it out. I was playing this afternoon, no problem, but when I tried to launch tonight it gave me the error message: The Sims 2 Launcher has stopped working  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

WTH?

Message 2 of 67 (98,211 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here.  I get a windows notification.  I posted my own thread just now.  Since others are having problems I'm guessing its now us.  I also noticed that the sims site shows up now where nothing was shown before.

Message 3 of 67 (98,202 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I found another post describing how to go around the launcher by accessing it through program files. Sometimes I have to click around and try other versions (Pets, seasons, etc) and come back to get it to work. For me it was C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Best of Business Collection\EP3\TSBin\Sims2EP3

After a couple of times the launcher started working again.

Good luck.

Wish EA would just tell us how to fix the launcher.

Message 4 of 67 (97,988 Views)

★★★ Novice

While not a fix, I did find a workaround.  The accessing the internet in the launcher is causing the problem.  I disabled my network connection and ran the Launcher, no issue, the game started fine.  Then I enabled my network connection, have the internet again and the game still runs.  A pain when I want to play the game, but I can deal with it.  I've been playing Sims 2 for years and don't like the newer versions at all.

Message 5 of 67 (101,005 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I have tried this and it doesnt work for me - have you any other suggestions.  I have all the expansions and stuff but it is the Mansions and Gardens which downloaded that starts the game.  I have tried altering the target from the launcher to mansions and garden (as suggested on another sire ) but nothing works - Help!!!

Message 6 of 67 (97,863 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Mine just started doing the same thing- same error message- I have been playing the same game for years and I can't get in today.  So far I have not been able to figure out what is wrong - suggestions not working; any new ideas?

Message 7 of 67 (97,845 Views)

★★ Novice

Found a much easier way. Right click on the desktop icon and click Open file location. When that folder opens there should be an icon that says Sims2SP4. Click on it and your game will open without the launcher. If you want easy access, right click, go to send, and click Desktop (Create Shortcut).

Message 8 of 67 (97,651 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine just started doing this as well and I can't download any Sims 2 games from the CD's that I own. EA was not able to resolve my problem either. They've obviously changed something and need to fix this. 

Message 9 of 67 (96,876 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been playing Sims 2 for years and thoroughly enjoy it and have no interest in Sims 3! I have 11 games in sims2 but the launcher has stopped working!

I am not sure what you mean by your comments!?

Message 10 of 67 (94,533 Views)