Re: [The Sims Medieval] Sims Medieval Windows 8

by looloopey9

Original Post

★ Novice

ABSOLUTELY AGREE!  This is not solved!  This "ultimate" patch is not working, and I can't even get the thing to run.  My Windows Defender blocks it as a 'severe' risk or something like that.  Nothing I click on lets the game run, but who knows what else has run based on my allowing such silliness. Should not have to tell Win 8 to "trust" anything in order to play a game that I paid for.

Message 101 of 162 (2,241 Views)

Windows 8 - TSM

★★ Guide

Currently The Sims Medieval is only compatible with Windows XP through Windows 7. Due to the way Windows 8 runs and dependencies on incompatible files, The Sims Medieval will likely not be able to run on the Windows 8 OS. Also, since the last update/news about the game was two years ago, there is a good chance that all development has stopped on this game. This means that it will be highly unlikely that TSM will ever be compatible with Windows 8.

Sorry,

Nathan Maltba

-----
If this statement has helped you today, then click the XP button ---->
If this statement answered your question, then click the green solved button!

Side Note: If you look around the internet, there are highly unsupported community fixes.

Message 102 of 162 (1,357 Views)

★★★ Newbie

DID U PUT IT IN THE GAME FOLDER?

Message 103 of 162 (1,976 Views)

★ Novice

Hi guys, I'm having the same problem as most people here.

New laptop with Windows 8, just installed Sims Medieval, the launcher comes up but when I press the green arrow nothing happens. If I try again it just says 'The Sims Medieval is already running.' Not helpful.

I've tried downloading the Ultimate Fix, but it hasn't worked. I'm basically sure I copied it into the right part of the game file (the video guide I saw was on W7 though, so partly guesswork). It hasn't helped though, so I'm not sure what to do next. If you reinstall without updating are there any major problems?

Any help would be appreciated. Or EA Games actually helping their customers out for a change...

Message 104 of 162 (1,953 Views)

★★ Novice

I just wanted to update since we are now in October. I just used the "Ultimate Fix" to patch up my problem and the game is working beautifully! If you do exactly as the guide says, it should work! Happy me is happy. ^^

Message 105 of 162 (1,621 Views)

★★ Novice

And to help, when using the Ultimate Fix you have to go into your Program Files (x86) folder. If you got the game digitally from Origin you have to go find the Origin Games folder, search for the Medieval folder and click it. There should then be quite a few other folders. Click the one that says game and then the one that says bin. From there just copy and paste the files from the ultimate fix there and replace the files. And tadahhhh! You have a working Deluxe Medieval game.

Message 106 of 162 (1,620 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@lady8jane wrote:

I won't link it here as we are not supposed to link mods, but I would suggest to search for "The Sims Medieval: Ultimate Fix" and install this. You should be able to run "Pirates & Nobles" with that on Windows 8.

I think the link you asked us to search for is a license hack. I wouldn't want to do that on a version that I have bought and paid for.

Message 107 of 162 (1,546 Views)

★★ Novice

won't play. Launcher loads up but when I press play it doesn't work please help 

Message 108 of 162 (1,531 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I love how this topic is marked as solved, while the "solution" being downloading an online patch that is not licensed by Electronic Arts. No wonder why EA had the worst company award for a couple of years. They are not user friendly, they constantly break their own games, they cannot even solve their problems. But yes, at least that patch works for me.

Message 109 of 162 (1,488 Views)

★★ Novice

Did you say you have got yours to work on windows 8 please. Its really doing my head in that it won't play on my laptop. 

Many thanks 

Message 110 of 162 (1,474 Views)