The Sims Castaway Stories Help

by Anjyil

Original Post

The Sims Castaway Stories Help

★★ Novice

Hello. I was recently able to download the game (after a long battle with trying to get it installed, for that matter), but now I am having issues with it.

Problem 1: I cannot open the cheat engine. I tried using control+shift+c a million times and it did not work. I tried looking up the problem online and there were various potential fixes, like doing control+alt+c, control+shift+windows button+c, and a variety of buttons in different orders or all at once, but it didn't work. Other fixes I found only worked for different computer.

Problem 2: In story mode, I have now met the villagers and have the first task to befriend 4 of them. I got 3 of them done, but am having trouble with the 4th. Timoti, the man I found painting, said he wanted to tell me a story as we played chess. I began a game with him, but then my character was too tired to do it so I sent her home to sleep and came back later to find the man stuck at the chess table and me unable to job back in the game. I tried calling him over, talking to him, anything to get him up, but he won't move or talk to my sim. He is stuck in an undless loop of playing chess by himself and now I can't continue.

Just to clarify, I have a Dell laptop I play it off of. Please help me if you can.

Message 1 of 6 (1,842 Views)

Re: The Sims Castaway Stories Help

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

@anjyil With these older games there is not much that can be done when something goes wrong sadly Frown

Could you check if the same thing happens if you start a new game?

Message 2 of 6 (1,833 Views)

★★ Novice

No, I haven't had these same problems with Sims 4, but my Sims 3 has been difficult lately (though it has a different problem than Sims 2). Is there really nothing that can be done? Sims 2 Castaway Stories is one of my favorite games.

Message 3 of 6 (1,827 Views)

EA Staff

@Anjyil I meant more like new game save Standard smile

Message 4 of 6 (1,815 Views)

★★ Novice
Oh, my bad. And I did start a new game and the bug with the chess game didn't happen this time because I made sure not to talk to the man until my Sim's needs were high. As for the cheat engine, I believe it finally opened after I finished the story mode, but the only cheat I can get to work (on story and freeplay) are the money ones and, unfortunately, not testingcheatsenabled true like I've been wanting.
Message 5 of 6 (1,807 Views)

EA Staff

@Anjyil Sorry to hear that Frown 

Sadly there is not much I can recommend in this case, the development for this game ended some time ago. Only thing left I can think of is to uninstall and reinstall the game Frown

Message 6 of 6 (1,786 Views)