Re: Sims on windows 10

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Sims on windows 10

★★★ Newbie
Do Sims 1, 2, 3 and 4 work on windows 10. My operating system is good enough on the laptop i am getting but i have heard that people are having trouble with windows 10.
Message 1 of 5 (857 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @tracy111222,

As time goes by, software that was developed for older versions of Windows could have issues to work in newer versions. Compatibility mode is usually your friend in these cases.

• The Sims 1 - Try to install it and run it in compatibility mode for Windows XP. However, I can not guarantee it will work as it is an old game. The Sims Complete Collection should work right, but you may face some issues if you have an older version of The Sims.
  • The Sims 2 - Your best option is to install The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, or a digital copy of the game. If you have your game in CDs but not in Origin, you could get in contact with one of our advisers and ask if they could help turning your physical games to digital.
  • The Sims 3 - You shouldn't have issues if you redeem your codes in Origin and install the game through Origin.
  • The Sims 4 - You shouldn't have any issues Standard smile

Does that answer your question?

-Mai

Message 2 of 5 (835 Views)

★ Apprentice

HI. The original Sims -- even if you have it on disk WILL NOT WORK with Windows 10. It has something to do with the DRM coding. Windows cannot read that.

Message 3 of 5 (736 Views)

★★★ Newbie

could you put the sims 1 on my account

Spoiler

Message 4 of 5 (713 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

aye, add it to my account Wizard

Message 5 of 5 (616 Views)