Sims 1 & Windows 10 won't start up.

by wariock529

Original Post

Sims 1 & Windows 10 won't start up.

★★★ Newbie

I recently bought The Sims1 Deluxe Edition on EBay.  Came new, in package, with its CD key.  I can't get it to run on my WINdoze 10 system..   It installed, but when I try to run, it "thinks" for a second then does nothing.  I have tried 'compatibility' modes, running as administrator, etc.

I understand it has to do with CD checking.

I need a patch, or  cr ack, or  h ack, or something

Message 1 of 3 (11,318 Views)

Re: Sims 1 & Windows 10 won't start up.

★★★★★ Novice

Check for updates on your computer and make sure to restart your computer, even if there's not an update.

And restart the computer from the start menu, not from a button because that can cause issues as well.

Message 2 of 3 (11,271 Views)

Re: Sims 1 & Windows 10 won't start up.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi there, I managed to get the sims 1 to work on my computer last year, but it was really difficult.

The first step I think was to install all games/expansion packs in the exact order that they were released. Once installed, the computer can't read the CD, so you need to download a mod which bypasses the auto run process. The mod can be downloaded from here I believe: [link to downloads not allowed, link removed by EA_Mai]

After you have installed the game in the correct order, go to :C > Program Files (x86) > Maxis > Sims and rename the sims.exe to sims.old

Download the mod and install it into the above folder.

You should then be able to launch the game, I would advise using compatibility mode.

I hope this helps! Here is a link to a forum which discusses this issue in greater detail if you get stuck: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/848531/help-getting-the-sims-complete-collection-to-run-o...

Message 3 of 3 (11,190 Views)