Pirates and Nobles won't download (in Dutch)

by legbet

Original Post

Re: Pirates and Nobles won't download

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @EvaLisahihi,

Let's try something different then!

1. If you don't have base game installed, click on it to start the download, but make sure to uncheck the 'Pirates and nobles' box so it only installs the base game.
  2. Once the installation of the base game is done, right click on the game and select 'Properties'.
  3. In the small window that will appear, go to Advanced options (second tab) and change the language of the game to English. This process will download again the language files.
  4. Once the process finishes, go to Extra content tab and download the Pirates and nobles Expansion Pack.
  5. Once the pack is installed, repeat 2 and 3 to change the language to Dutch again.

That should help, let us know if it works for you Standard smile

-Mai

Message 21 of 41 (9,010 Views)

★★ Novice

It didn't work Frown , same thing still happens and I've got 10 GB left on my the drive (:C) I use for this game so I don't think that's the problem. Any other suggestions?

Message 22 of 41 (2,138 Views)

EA app Team

Frown Sorry to read that, @iamanargle.

In what language do you have your Origin program? Also Dutch?

If in Dutch, have you also tried this?: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-The-Sims-Games/Pirates-and-Nobles-won-t-download/m-p/6264719/highligh...

Thanks,

-Mai

Message 23 of 41 (2,135 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, it's also the Dutch version...

Message 24 of 41 (2,133 Views)

★★ Novice

And sorry, I hadn't gotten that far in the posts yet. I will try the other options now

Message 25 of 41 (2,131 Views)

EA app Team

No sorries, @iamanargle, take your time. Please, try that last workaround first, and let us know if it works for you Standard smile

Cheers,

-Mai

Message 26 of 41 (2,130 Views)

★★ Novice

It worked Large smile

Message 27 of 41 (2,128 Views)

EA app Team

Glad to read that, @iamanargle! Thanks for letting us know!

Enjoy the game Standard smile

-Mai

Message 28 of 41 (2,122 Views)

★★★ Guide

I've had the same problem as described above. For me the workaround described by Mai worked.

I already installed the game twice today, nearly 12GB download in total. So I didn't uninstall and started at step 3. I changed language, installed P&N again, and switched language back. And it worked.

And yes, I also use the Dutch version of the game.

Thanks for the help.

Message 29 of 41 (1,914 Views)

EA app Team

Thanks for letting us know it worked, and very good point, @atreya33, if the game is already installed there's no need to install it again. I'll add that to the steps, XP for you! Standard smile

Welcome to the community! :eahigh_file:

-Mai

Message 30 of 41 (1,888 Views)